Hi everyone.. im new

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ammusiclover

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm a 17 year old guy and very lonely and depressed. I don't have any problem making friends but i loose them. Most of my friends abandon me after a year and now I am so sick that i've stopped trying to make any. I don't know if my depression annoys people or if im just not good enough for anyone.
I've never had any true friends and those who i think are my true friends end up hurting me the most. I don't socialize any more and i just sit at home doing things that take my mind off things.
I like girls but they don't like me so i've never even had a girlfriend or just a female friend.
If anyone would talk to me (especially the ladies :p) i'd appreciate it because i feel like i have no one in this world.

ammusiclover said:
I don't know if my depression annoys people or if im just not good enough for anyone.

Yes and no. Some people do get tired of it and after awhile just give up or distance themselves. I doubt that it's you are not good enough for anyone unless they are trying to use you. Those people you don't want as friends anyway. It is really hard on the people who have to watch a friend/loved one go through depression. Most don't know what to do and sometimes we seem to forget that. We can't expect more out of someone than what they are able or willing to give.

Welcome to the forums, hopefully you find what you need. :)

Sci-Fi said:
ammusiclover said:
I don't know if my depression annoys people or if im just not good enough for anyone.

Yes and no. Some people do get tired of it and after awhile just give up or distance themselves. I doubt that it's you are not good enough for anyone unless they are trying to use you. Those people you don't want as friends anyway. It is really hard on the people who have to watch a friend/loved one go through depression. Most don't know what to do and sometimes we seem to forget that. We can't expect more out of someone than what they are able or willing to give.

Welcome to the forums, hopefully you find what you need. :)

Thank you! :)

I know the feeling, and I suspect it is more related to the fact most 17-Year old guys (that I know, anyway) are uncomfortable having a conversation about anything more meaningful that, say, their favourite food. I really doubt that it's anything to do with you being "Not good enough for them"

At any rate, no-one here will be judgemental or put off by your feeling depressed and lonely.
Welcome to the Forum.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I know what you mean. Most teenagers today are isolated from each other. It's very sad.

Plus, there's the maturity aspect, which tends to throw problematic situations together.

Latest posts

Back