Hi! I'm lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fragile

Reaction score
I haven't been on this board in a while. But I'm pretty much desperate now.

I really have no friends and my family is stone cold towards me. I'm a very emotional person who has gone through several depressions in my life and still fighting.

Yet my family seems to be in denial, completely. I feel so alone with my anxiety that I experience daily.

I currently study at the university, an arts degree, since I'm apperantly good at painting and sculpting. Though, I fear that there will be no future for me after these studies.

I'm preparing to work in a fast food place since I assume nobody will like my art once I'm done. My family is, like I said, stone cold. I guess they're a bit embarassed by my art. Or maybe they just never liked me.

I don't know what to do! I just want to find a nice girl and have a good life togheter with her, but no-one ever answers me on the dating sites, I feel like such a fool, like I'm stupid or ugly or something.

I just want to live a normal family life with a nice girl that is faithful, is that too much to ask?

People who are creative, like artists, musicians, etc. tend to battle with moods more than others. I think it is part of the creative process, that we somehow feel it all more. This deeper depth of feeling is then conveyed to the people who pick up on it and then connect through our artform.

I don't think anything good can come from a dating site. That is not a real relationship. They don't know anything about you. Their judgements of you are not based on any reality.

Make your reality into the most interesting, well rounded and happy life that you can have and that will naturally attract good things.

I can't ever attract anything but failure, belive me I've tried. Last year I even got close to a girl, we snuggled and had a pleasant time. I asked her out on a date and she said yes!

Then she postponed the date like 3 times until I gave up. She was lying to me, like everyone else, just to look good in my eyes. Then she dropped all contact.

Why should I even care about human beings?

sentiententity said:
Dating sites kind of suck, dude.

Hey do you have a deviant art page where you could show us your artwork?

I used to have one, but I kind of did'nt care about it.

My artwork is seen in galleries or not at all for now.

If I am working in music I find it all consuming. Maybe that is the direction your life needs to go right now. Maybe that is why things aren't working in other areas, kind of like a sign of which direction you should take? Perhaps in order to be very successful you need to put your all into your art right now...

I wish I could offer more, but I am here to talk to if you ever need it. I'm online a lot.

Latest posts

Back