Hi I'm new and lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harmony

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm so glad to find this site and hopefully get to know others in a similar situation! I'm in my thirties, single and live alone. I have a long term illness so I don't get out much. I have a child who comes to me for short periods but spends most of the time with his father and father's girlfriend. I have a couple of guinea pigs for company, one of which is called Harmony.

I try to keep positive and have a spiritual approach to life but I've led a very lonely life if I'm honest. I didn't have a happy upbringing and so I don't have much contact with family (just parents on occasions) and was bullied at school. I was married for six years but this was abusive and replayed my past. I finally got free six years ago and have been living alone since. I tried internet dating but nothing has worked out. I spent most days alone surfing the net, reading, studying a long distance course and listening to music. I wrote a lot as a child but have lost confidence in that. I like sitting out in the garden. I try to be happy - life is short and all that - but being alone so much really gets me down. I feel embarrassed to admit to people how lonely I am so when I do see people I stick a fake smile on.

Anyway, that's me. i'm looking forward to discussing the pros and cons of living alone and hopefully offering support.

Welcome to the site, a place where people congregate to be lonely together ;)

I surely hope one day you will regain the confidence in writing that you had as a child. Maybe it will lead you to someplace great :)

Hey there Harmony. :)
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to see more of you posting!

Welcome, Harmony

hope you are encouraged to write again.
You impress me as a person who has much to offer this world.

Welcome harmony, you sound like a very down to earth person, hope you'll enjoy your stay :)
Maybe you can submit some of your writing to the express-yourself subforum?
I for one enjoy reading, maybe after some positive feedback you'll regain your confidence.

I have a couple of guinea pigs for company, one of which is called Harmony.

That's really cute, haha.

Welcome to the forum, don't be afraid to speak to anyone (PM or thread) if you'd like to talk about something.

Have fun.

Latest posts

Back