hi, i'm new

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zem

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm Zem from California and I'm 20 years old.

I'm not usually lonely. In fact, I liked being alone for most of my life. I was happy to spend most of my time lazing around bookstores and coffeeshops, reading and taking walks and people watching. I had a boyfriend who I loved and lived with for 2 years. We spent those years flopping around in our pajamas, being hermits and ignoring invitations to social events. It was pretty perfect.

So?

2 months ago, my mother passed away from cancer. My boyfriend decided to transfer schools and I had to make living arrangements with (though they seem friendly) strangers. I feel like I'd been living in a bubble and now I'm alone and have to face this scary world. I'm home for summer vacations and do the same things I've always done, but now I feel listless and everything (my old high school friends, talking, eating) is so depressing. I guess I just want to have a fresh start, make friends and stop thinking about everything that's happened.

Welcome Zem

I am so sorry about your mother.

It sounds like you have a lot of changes in your life suddenly thrown at you. I hope your fresh start works well for you. Often it is really difficult not to dwell on the difficulties.

Hi there Zem, Sorry about your mother..

I think to try and start over again would be what I would wont after all that has well. Kinder try and draw a line under everything I Guss.

anyway welcome here :)

aww thanks guys :)
You're right about not dwelling on things, Minus. I'm trying to look at the future as an adventure and a chance to change/grow.

Sounds like a great attitude. Yes more something to strive for then anything that can be guaranteed during those rough moments.

Hello Zem,
Nice to meet you. Sorry to hear about your mom and the things that have happened to you. Please feel free to come into chat whenever you get the chance :) I'm glad you made it here and you will find a lot of nice, supportive people. I look forward to seeing you around :)

Naleena

Hi Zem welcome to the forum, it's nice to meet you. It's awful the way life takes from us, but sometimes it gives back. Someday we can all get past this :D

I love going to bookstores and coffee shops they have the most comfy chairs sometimes when my eyes get tired of reading i just tilt my head back and take a nap.

Anyways I hope things get better, and welcome to the forum

peace

:D

everyone here is so lovely, it's hard to be lonely :) :)

My reading list: I've been obsessed with Milan Kundera and Haruki Murakami lately.
Comfy chairs: they're so great! When I'm bored, I sit way back and pretend to be asleep or listening to music when I'm really listening in on hilarious conversations and spying on people walking by. The most interesting looking people frequent bookstores and coffeeshops.

Heya!
Welcome to the site, I am sorry to hear about all that, but it will get better in time.

Hiya Zem, nice to meet you. Sorry your life has been turned upside down, but you sound like you have a pretty good attitude and I feel sure things will get better for you.

"Norwegian Wood" by Haruki Murakami. He has the easiest, most honest writing style. This book was my favorite since high school. It's kind of a love story without being sentimental, set in Tokyo in the 1960s, with characters who remind you of people you'd want to know.

"The Wind up Bird Chronicles" by Haruki Murakami. Magic realism about a young businessman who decided to quit his job out of apathy and whose wife mysteriously left him out of the blue. Surreal!

"The unbearable lightness of being" or "Immortality" by Milan Kundera. It's hard to explain him. His most important characters are always beautiful women, and he's almost scary in his ability to understand the way women feel/behave/think. His writing style is very psychological and seductive. Sooo interesting!

Latest posts

Back