Hi, new to the forum

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Young Rascal

Reaction score
Hello,

I thought I would just register and lurk for a while but after reading a bunch of posts I already feel like you guys have been discussing a lot of what I have been feeling. So here's my hello post.

I have been feeling so depressed lately, apparantly taking it out on my wife and 'friends'. but it's really just been the status quo for my whole life. I can't seem to connect with people.

I hope maybe I can get to contibute with this forum and be a part of something...

Hi. As you've said there are people here with similar problems. Do you want to tell us more about what's going on?

I said:
Hi. As you've said there are people here with similar problems. Do you want to tell us more about what's going on?

I feel like i sound like I'm being petty but I just feel like I can never fit in, you know? I don't like being out in groups, although I can usually fake it. But it's always like everyone is having fun but me. I feel like I can't connect to people. Often, in a group I feel like my voice isn't heard, literally. People will speak over me and after a while i don't feel confident to contribute in personal conversations.

It's a matter of feeling like I have a place in the world. i don't have any real friends, or anyone I feel connected truley to.

Thank you for asking and letting me share.

It's not petty to want to feel connected. I think it's a basic biological need, except for some lucky few, to need someone to notice they exist - to feel that they matter in some small way. Or simply that someone understands. We all want to find our place in the world, wherever it might be, and until/unless we do - we just feel...wrong.

Feel free to keep sharing. Sometimes talking about it helps.

I think I know what you mean. On the rare occasion that I'm out in a group, it seems like no-one would notice if I wasn't there.

Latest posts

Back