Hi There

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myownbf

Reaction score
I didnt know such a forum existed but am glad i found this place. I thought i was the only person in the world who feels totally lonely & out of step with the world but see we are many.

This started with me during my puberty & has never left, will be 54 in a few weeks. I cant seem to find friends that i want to be bothered with or someone to love so i just work & come home. I would love to have good friends but seem to always back away from people because i dont trust them. A husband or boyfriend would be even better but I am not attractive, am a little overweight, & my age has robbed me of hopes of finding someone like that. I hate going places alone so i wont go out or do anything to meet others. I always seem to feel like i dont belong or am paranoid about my looks or something. Ive had low self-esteem for so many years that i dont even remember when it started. I think it was when pimples showed up. I became shy & quiet cause i didnt want to draw attention to myself. The pimples never went away so i never opened up to people. Its become a habit that i dont know how to break & i feel its too late to try. I have always had beautiful white teeth, long hair & really oily skin but all thats gone except the pimples & oily skin. so i truly feel unattractive with gray & wrinkles showing up.

Anyway, I am glad i found you guys so i have someone to share my true feelings with w/o being judged. Want to say in advance, Thanks for being here.......:shy:

myownbf--
You're one of many wonderful folks just looking to make a meaningful coneections with others. Welcome! You've found a great place to reach out. Age and looks are the very last thing some folks look at. Remember 54 is a youngster to a 74 year old. Some of the best and most enjoyable years of your life are before you, right now. Trust issues are hard to contend with but maybe through conversing with folks in here it could lead you to see that a good many folks can be trusted and even enjoyed.

You sound like a lovely person to me, just self confidence is stopping you from finding the people you want in your life.

Our self-opinions are a bugger of a thing aren't they! ?

Latest posts

Back