Hi there...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inspire

Reaction score
Hi. My name is [classified] but you can just call me Inspire. I am still not sure why I signed up for this kind if forum. Maybe it's to meet people who feel the same way as I do, or to reach out to people to comfort them, or maybe it's to just lurk and pick up advice here and there. No matter, this seems like a lovely place when the entire forum isn't getting spammed with hate threads I've been seeing recently. All well, every forum is bound to get those sometimes.

Well, a little about myself. I am 21, female, and live in Portland with my boyfriend and our friend. I work 2 jobs (just started the 2nd job about a week ago) and I'm thinking about going back to school for the summer, maybe just a class or two. I am generally enjoying life, but I definitely have those days where I feel very lonely and worthless, even unloved, even though I know I really am loved by my friends and family. When these kinda if feelings hit me, it hits me HARD. I'm getting through it though.

I'd like to get to know some of you members of the forum as well. Tell me a little about yourself and we should start talking on this thread. :)

Hi Inspire, welcome to the forum.

Inspire said:
I definitely have those days where I feel very lonely and worthless, even unloved, even though I know I really am loved by my friends and family. When these kinda if feelings hit me, it hits me HARD. I'm getting through it though.

That... is just .. me. It sucks though. I'm still battling it. Sometimes I just worry that this issue I have that you mentioned, will only drive people away from me.

Hey Inspire, welcome to the forum.

I am generally enjoying life, but I definitely have those days where I feel very lonely and worthless, even unloved, even though I know I really am loved by my friends and family. When these kinda if feelings hit me, it hits me HARD. I'm getting through it though.

Oh yes, I know this feeling well. Even though I don't have a girlfriend, I have a family of 7 other people who live with me, and I have a circle of friends in real life. Yet I battle loneliness, depression, and anxiety, which is why I came here.

You'll find a lot of like-minded people here.

ladyforsaken said:
Hi Inspire, welcome to the forum.

That... is just .. me. It sucks though. I'm still battling it. Sometimes I just worry that this issue I have that you mentioned, will only drive people away from me.

That's how I feel. I feel like a freak this way, and I am deathly scared that the people that I care for will be driven away by my feelings, moods and thoughts. A lot of the time though, the only people/person who can see this kind of darkness inside you... is you. And then another strange feeling overwhelms you: is this all just really in my head? I hope I'm not diving too deep into this.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Hey Inspire, welcome to the forum.

Oh yes, I know this feeling well. Even though I don't have a girlfriend, I have a family of 7 other people who live with me, and I have a circle of friends in real life. Yet I battle loneliness, depression, and anxiety, which is why I came here.

You'll find a lot of like-minded people here.

Wow, I don't think I would be able to handle living with that many people under one roof. I made sure I was out of my parents roof by the time I turned 19, because knowing me, I had to throw myself out into the world and figure things out on my own in order to mature and grow. I love my family, but living with my stepmom was very difficult and it's the reason why I suffer some if my depression and guilt issues. Thanks for welcoming me to the forum, you all seem like decent people already.

Inspire said:
That's how I feel. I feel like a freak this way, and I am deathly scared that the people that I care for will be driven away by my feelings, moods and thoughts. A lot of the time though, the only people/person who can see this kind of darkness inside you... is you. And then another strange feeling overwhelms you: is this all just really in my head? I hope I'm not diving too deep into this.

Yeah, that is scary isn't it.

I often wish I could have better control of it. Like prevent or stop myself from feeling down, negative or insecure but sometimes it just comes out of nowhere.

I think it is really just all in my head. I think it might be the same for you?

ladyforsaken said:
Yeah, that is scary isn't it.

I often wish I could have better control of it. Like prevent or stop myself from feeling down, negative or insecure but sometimes it just comes out of nowhere.

I think it is really just all in my head. I think it might be the same for you?

Oh wow... Well, most of the time I think it's just all in my head. My insecurities delve deeper, however, when I disconnect with someone somehow, whether it's about a disagreement or them taking me off their friends list on Facebook (I'm finding FB is so overrated and I shouldn't care whether someone is on my friend's list or not). Just a bunch of stuff I need to clear from my head with sleep. I'll be back on tomorrow, I'm a bit scatter brained now. Goodnight.

Hi Inspire, please ignore Jenn - she's... well I have no idea what's going on there.

Once things are back to normal you will hopefully learn the true nature of this site.

So welcome, sorry for joining on a bad day!

Hello [Classified]. Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the forum! And yes, this is a lovely place with kind and helpful people. :)

Edward W said:
Hi Inspire, please ignore Jenn - she's... well I have no idea what's going on there.

Once things are back to normal you will hopefully learn the true nature of this site.

So welcome, sorry for joining on a bad day!

Thanks, And no worried, I started ignoring her as soon as I saw she spammed the entire forum, and I didn't even notice she attacked this thread until you mentioned it. Haha.

Hearmenow2012 said:
Welcome to the forum Inspire. I hope that you find what you're looking for and that your stay here is beneficial :)

Thank you, you are very sweet. I'll stick around for a while. Looks like there are many people who experience the same feelings I do.

9006 said:
Hello [Classified]. Welcome to the site.

Haha, thank you for catching my humor. ^_^

lonelyfairy said:
Welcome to the forum! And yes, this is a lovely place with kind and helpful people. :)

We have a very similar sub-name/tag, whatever you call it. "Wanderer". I thought it really suited. :) Thank you for the welcome.

Heeyy Inspire. Welcome to the forum!

I have this forum can help you find a balance and a "web" to fall into when you're being hit hard by the feelings you mentioned.

Just know that if you're being hit by it again, you can always message me to talk, or just vent. I'll listen to all you say. My PM box won't magically close when you're feeling good though! :p

Heey, have fun, and take care!

Rosebolt said:

I have this forum can help you find a balance and a "web" to fall into when you're being hit hard by the feelings you mentioned.

Just know that if you're being hit by it again, you can always message me to talk, or just vent. I'll listen to all you say. My PM box won't magically close when you're feeling good though! :p

WARNING: UPCOMMING RANT ABOUT MY BAD DAY YESTERDAY!

Aww, thank you so much! I am actually feeling fantastic today. Yesterday was just one of those days where everything was going wrong. I had most of the plants and flowers I grew by seed SHRIVEL in the hot sun, and I got so upset because having flowers around in my home really helps with my depression and anxiety. I almost cried! Haha. However, I brought them inside and watered them a few times and when I got home from work today, they were all back to normal and looking healthy as ever. I am so relieved they survived! My boyfriend was kind enough to buy me these GORGEOUS potted lilies when he saw my plants nearly died. He's amazing like that. :)

I also was not having good customer experiences at my job. I work at a candy shop and I actually *really* love my job (since I have a great team and they pay is great), so usually I am hopping happy and ready to go above an beyond for any customer. Yesterday I had this lady come in to pack two boxes of chocolate, and she treated me like I was an idiot and I had no idea how to do my job. I tried to remember that I can't let people like that get me down, but it sure hit me when she literally got in my face behind the counter and acted like a *****. She was very high maintenance.

After I got home from work, all I wanted and planned to do was just relax, maybe do some laundry and a few chores. Right as I came through the door (already in a bad mood), I was told by my boyfriend one of our friends was coming over. I love the guy but I was not in the right place and mindset to want to hang out with anyone. When our friend got here (he's gay, but that doesn't really matter), he had asked what was wrong and he could tell I was MAD. And he kept egging me in about it. When I finally told him what happened that day, as well as find out the hard way I was gaining weight (I can't fit into my brand new jeans I got), my friend mentioned that, "Yes, I did notice you are starting to grow more of a pudge." I said nothing and pretended I wasn't hurt.

It's starting to get really hot outside and we don't have an A/C, so my friend wants to go, of all places, to the MALL. I just came from there, since I work at the mall at two different shops 6-7 days a week. I am there ALL OF THE TIME. The mall is the very last place I want to hang out during my free time. At this point, everything that everyone is saying and doing is pissing me off, so I tell them that I will be staying home to take care of myself and my mood, while they go to the mall and hang out. When they leave, I start to cry. BAWL. I felt so bad about being a ***** to them and lashing out, and the last thing I want is to become lonely because of my abrasive attitude every once in a while. It's just that I work all the damned time, I haven't had a day off for two weeks, find out I possibly gained weight/hips grew larger in a month (when I have been VERY careful about what I eat and drink, cutting all of the candy from my diet while at work), while I have any free time I am working in laundry/cleaning/studying for my new job... So I basically haven't had any free time to myself.

I feel I am complaining way too much right now. I am really enjoying life and the people who are in my life are wonderful, but I feel that why I'm saying is way too much. Sorry of the earload of BLAH BLAH BLAH, but I just needed to get that out.

Inspire said:
Rosebolt said:

WARNING: UPCOMMING RANT ABOUT MY BAD DAY YESTERDAY!

Aww, thank you so much! I am actually feeling fantastic today. Yesterday was just one of those days where everything was going wrong. I had most of the plants and flowers I grew by seed SHRIVEL in the hot sun, and I got so upset because having flowers around in my home really helps with my depression and anxiety. I almost cried! Haha. However, I brought them inside and watered them a few times and when I got home from work today, they were all back to normal and looking healthy as ever. I am so relieved they survived! My boyfriend was kind enough to buy me these GORGEOUS potted lilies when he saw my plants nearly died. He's amazing like that. :)

I also was not having good customer experiences at my job. I work at a candy shop and I actually *really* love my job (since I have a great team and they pay is great), so usually I am hopping happy and ready to go above an beyond for any customer. Yesterday I had this lady come in to pack two boxes of chocolate, and she treated me like I was an idiot and I had no idea how to do my job. I tried to remember that I can't let people like that get me down, but it sure hit me when she literally got in my face behind the counter and acted like a *****. She was very high maintenance.

After I got home from work, all I wanted and planned to do was just relax, maybe do some laundry and a few chores. Right as I came through the door (already in a bad mood), I was told by my boyfriend one of our friends was coming over. I love the guy but I was not in the right place and mindset to want to hang out with anyone. When our friend got here (he's gay, but that doesn't really matter), he had asked what was wrong and he could tell I was MAD. And he kept egging me in about it. When I finally told him what happened that day, as well as find out the hard way I was gaining weight (I can't fit into my brand new jeans I got), my friend mentioned that, "Yes, I did notice you are starting to grow more of a pudge." I said nothing and pretended I wasn't hurt.

It's starting to get really hot outside and we don't have an A/C, so my friend wants to go, of all places, to the MALL. I just came from there, since I work at the mall at two different shops 6-7 days a week. I am there ALL OF THE TIME. The mall is the very last place I want to hang out during my free time. At this point, everything that everyone is saying and doing is pissing me off, so I tell them that I will be staying home to take care of myself and my mood, while they go to the mall and hang out. When they leave, I start to cry. BAWL. I felt so bad about being a ***** to them and lashing out, and the last thing I want is to become lonely because of my abrasive attitude every once in a while. It's just that I work all the damned time, I haven't had a day off for two weeks, find out I possibly gained weight/hips grew larger in a month (when I have been VERY careful about what I eat and drink, cutting all of the candy from my diet while at work), while I have any free time I am working in laundry/cleaning/studying for my new job... So I basically haven't had any free time to myself.

I feel I am complaining way too much right now. I am really enjoying life and the people who are in my life are wonderful, but I feel that why I'm saying is way too much. Sorry of the earload of BLAH BLAH BLAH, but I just needed to get that out.

I can understand that you would feel that way. Sometimes we just need to be alone to ensure that we don't lash out at the ones that we love. the woman was probably having a bad day or something, but that is still no way to treat you. You were trying to help her after all.

I wouldn't worry about gaining a little bit of weight. I bet that you'd look good regardless and besides it's ridiculous that because of society women have to be thin in order to be considered attractive. In my opinion that couldn't be further from the truth. I can understand that comments like that can hurt, but sometimes you just have ignore what others say and just love yourself for who you are (We're all beautiful on the inside and out in some way shape or form).

If you would ever like to PM me then feel free to do so because I will definitely listen and I will help you in any way that I can as long as I know what course of action to take :)

Keep on smiling. At least you have great people in your life and that you are enjoying life too. Thank you for your compliment(s). :)

Hearmenow2012 said:
I can understand that you would feel that way. Sometimes we just need to be alone to ensure that we don't lash out at the ones that we love. the woman was probably having a bad day or something, but that is still no way to treat you. You were trying to help her after all.

I wouldn't worry about gaining a little bit of weight. I bet that you'd look good regardless and besides it's ridiculous that because of society women have to be thin in order to be considered attractive. In my opinion that couldn't be further from the truth. I can understand that comments like that can hurt, but sometimes you just have ignore what others say and just love yourself for who you are (We're all beautiful on the inside and out in some way shape or form).

If you would ever like to PM me then feel free to do so because I will definitely listen and I will help you in any way that I can as long as I know what course of action to take :)

Keep on smiling. At least you have great people in your life and that you are enjoying life too. Thank you for your compliment(s). :)

Thanks so much. I really appreciate it. Glad that oh and many others are so kind here. This has been a very nice, warm welcome. :)

Latest posts

Back