Hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petluv

Reaction score
I have real self esteem problems. I moved to a new city. I have problems making friends, so I know no one. I live alone with my dog. I am divorced. No kids. It would be nice to meet someone here to talk to.

I'll skip my violent hatred of religion today and say My #1 reccomendation is to find a religious group or some group of people that share your life philosophy. Even for Agnostics and Atheists like me, this is becoming easier and easier. You can find simple friends who enjoy the things you do and all, but I'm finding it really helps who find a group of people who literally interpret life the way you do.

lone_drow said:
Hello. :)

What kind of dog do you have?

I have an 8 year old Shih Tzu.

IgnoredOne said:
Welcome to LL. Moving to a new city can be difficult.

Yes moving to a new place is difficult. But I have had problems making friends for years. The internet seems to work for me.

rosebud said:
Hello! Everyone have problems making friends at a new place where you don't know anybody. You can always take on this message board if you feel lonely. There are very friendly people here. :)

Thank you! I have so much I want to say, but I don't know how to put it into words. Just that I am SO VERY LONELY. :rolleyes2:

rosebud said:
Hello! Everyone have problems making friends at a new place where you don't know anybody. You can always take on this message board if you feel lonely. There are very friendly people here. :)

Thanks rosebud! :shy:

Hi, I recently joined as well. I myself am going to be moving into a new city with the exception that I am going into a new school (High School). I believe the best thing you can do is to find work? Most life-long friends are made in College and work.

Anyway, we can BOTH be using this website as a way to help cope with our loneliness.

Good luck!

Hi. Moving to a new city is hard when it comes to making friends. Just remember that you will at some point need to push out of your comfort zone, and work towards being more out going. Don't be content with being alone.

(alright alright everyone, no need to tell me someone like being alone, most people want to socialize and are not happy with their lonely life, and the only way out is to push outside their comfort zone)

Latest posts

Back