Hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

brain

Hi, my name is Brandon, I'm 19 years old and I live in Canada, I've been a hikikomori for 2 years now, I feel different from everyone else walking around me, and not in a good way. I've always been socially withdrawn, I dropped out of high school, because I've always felt outcasted and that got me into alot of trouble. I've worked jobs, but not for long either. My parents always asked me for good grades, but always ended up with the worst, people always shame me and I believe I'm looked down on in society, alot of people know who I am and know all the stupid honeysuckle I've done. Now, more than ever I'm ashamed of myself to the point that one day I locked my bedroom door and just never came out, I sleep in the day time and wake at night when noone is around so I can eat. My only way of knowing what's going on in the world is this computer and my tv. I look to drugs, mmorpgs and anime for comfort. I've tried going out a few times but that just made me feel even worse. I'm so ashamed not only for myself but of the disgrace it brings to my family. I'm not emo or anything but when my mama and papa pass away I'm planning to kill myself so I won't have to deal with this honeysuckle anymore.

I don't know if anyone else on this forum is on the same level as I am, but I'm glad I found this forum. So at least I have someone to talk to. Once again, nice to meet you all.

brain said:
Hi, my name is Brandon, I'm 19 years old and I live in Canada, I've been a hikikomori for 2 years now, I feel different from everyone else walking around me, and not in a good way. I've always been socially withdrawn, I dropped out of high school, because I've always felt outcasted and that got me into alot of trouble. I've worked jobs, but not for long either. My parents always asked me for good grades, but always ended up with the worst, people always shame me and I believe I'm looked down on in society, alot of people know who I am and know all the stupid honeysuckle I've done. Now, more than ever I'm ashamed of myself to the point that one day I locked my bedroom door and just never came out, I sleep in the day time and wake at night when noone is around so I can eat. My only way of knowing what's going on in the world is this computer and my tv. I look to drugs, mmorpgs and anime for comfort. I've tried going out a few times but that just made me feel even worse. I'm so ashamed not only for myself but of the disgrace it brings to my family. I'm not emo or anything but when my mama and papa pass away I'm planning to kill myself so I won't have to deal with this honeysuckle anymore.

I don't know if anyone else on this forum is on the same level as I am, but I'm glad I found this forum. So at least I have someone to talk to. Once again, nice to meet you all.

Brandon --

I am 46 years old, but I felt similarly to you when I was your age; I looked up "hikikomori," so at least I know what you're talking about.

I don't think that suicide is a good idea. I have thought about it many times, but have never followed through.

hey
sorry if i say anything wrong, but i have a tendency to word things wrong or say the wrong thing, i dont know how to talk...

im 21, viet and also live in canada so i can somewhat relate. ive thought about the same thing killing myself after my mom passes away, but its a real long time from happening most likely and the more i think about it the more i do and dont want to do it now. i also feel that i dont fit in with others and when i try it either blows up in my face or i get a friendship that only lasts a day. i always get these feelings of uneasiness and think of things i should have done or say to rid the uneasy feeling but then again its all in my head. i dont think im emo either but then again thats what i think... i think the cause of my loneliness is that i want to be accepted so much that i try to force things to happen when i should just let fate drift, but then again im very impatience and i think that people who are lonely are honestly selfish, because if you think about it they are a lot worst things in the world then our loneliness but all we can focus on is our loneliness and at least i think that really sad. i also do drugs and play videogames to forget my troubles, i always think whats wrong with me when im doing it though. i dont know how else to word my thoughts so ill just end it here.

Wow, I can't believe this was in 2006. I was only 8 years old the time that this has been posted.

Brandon, I know you may never read this and I know it may be far too late, but I wish you well in life.

V.V. said:
Wow, I can't believe this was in 2006. I was only 8 years old the time that this has been posted.

Brandon, I know you may never read this and I know it may be far too late, but I wish you well in life.

I wish we could get feedback on old threads. How are their authors doing now?

Latest posts

Back