Hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oblomov

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m a 22 year old guy from Texas. I’m finishing my Master’s degree in English lit and planning on writing and maybe teaching.

I like Mexican food, jogging, swimming, walking nature trails/hiking, and dodge-ball!

My interests include literature, philosophy, and movie-watching, especially horror movies.

Why I’m here: During undergrad I went to a large state school with lots of student programs. I was in the debate team and student government, so making friends was pretty easy, and I stayed too busy to be lonely. But my graduate school is very small, and the overwhelming majority of students are (significantly) older than I am. I don’t have anything against older people per se. It’s just that since most have families or relationships, they don’t get involved much on campus, so it’s hard to spend time with them and make friends. They’re all nice enough, and I can understand that they’re busy, but I’ve been feeling pretty lonely recently since I’m on my own most of the time. I’ve got a few friends from undergrad and earlier who I still hang out with every so often, but it’s not the same. On a positive note, I will transfer after one more year and start my doctorate at a large school. I’m very excited about their program, which I think will be a much better fit!

In the meantime I was hoping to find some friendly conversation and social support. I’ve read threads off and on for a while, and people here seem like they genuinely care about each other.

So I’m excited to get to meet everyone!

Hey Oblomov, welcome to the forum. You're so young to be finishing your Master's already :O good luck with your future endeavours!
Hope you find some people to talk to here and make new friends.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find friendship, support and stimulating conversation here. You can count on me for at least 2 of those :D

Oblomov said:
I like Mexican food, jogging, swimming, walking nature trails/hiking, and dodge-ball!

All those things you just said, are things I love to do....everyday!

Well not really everyday, but welcome to the forum!

Latest posts

Back