Hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jinxun

Reaction score
Hi I'm completely new to this kind of thing not just forums but talking to people about being lonely.

I use to be the life of the party, I'd go out with friends drink, smoke and just mess about but about two years ago I stopped going out and cut off all contact with all my friends, in these last two years I have quit smoking and drinking and have also been quite at peace but I still feel very lonely but what I've to come to realise is that it may have been my choice to cut of all contact and not go out but I was lonely even then.

I remember sometimes I would just watch my friends having a laugh and I would think that they will proberly never realise how lucky they are to have a girlfriend or boyfriend.

Anyway that's me :)

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum Jinxun. It sounds as though when you were going out you were making up for things you lacked in your life. You can't distract yourself with things like that forever. But clearly you are able to analyse yourself, so I hope you will find answers soon. I quit smoking three years ago but have wavered the last couple of weeks and smoked between one and five a day. Reading your post has reminded me that I need to quit properly, because I know it's the slippery slope to becoming a full time smoker again.

Jinxun said:
Oceanmist23 said:
Welcome to the forum Jinxun :)
Where are you from? I'm from Norway :)

I from england, west midlands :)

Ossum! Another Brit! :D
You're in good company then, lots of ossum Brits here!
Let me thow my standard phrase your way as well then:
I lived in London for 1 1/2 years :p

Anyway, hope you'll enjoy the forum!

*Hugs*

Jinxun said:
I from england, west midlands :)

Ye like Oceanmist23 said another Brit. But not just another Brit cos am also from the midlands. But the east midlands :)

Welcome here mate. Look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Latest posts

Back