Hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodyathornton

Reaction score
Ok, I'm new to this and I'm not sure I like doing it but here goes. I guess I must be desperate for someone to talk to. I'm a single female and I'm 56 years old (I turn 57 this month). I'm on disability for depression.
I don't have a bad story to relate. I'm just a depressed person, always have been for as long as I can remember (since I was a child). Nothing seems to help me. I've taken so many different types of antidepressants that I've finally given up on them. I'm now on the bioidentical hormones. When I had my levels checked, my doctor said my testosterone was bottomed out. I started them a couple weeks ago. I was told it takes about 3 months for them to kick in. I was taking an antidepressant but after I started the bioidenticals, I quit taking it. It's now leaving my system and I'm just so sad. I'm kind of worried about it but I don't like taking them. I'm thinking I might need to get back on something but I really don't want to. I really hope the hormones help.
I have no friends at all where I live. My son and grandson live with me and my son is my best friend. If it wasn't for him, I don't know what I'd do. I've been out a few times but I don't really get attention from guys. I guess I'm just too old for them to be interested. I was even told one time that I am too old and have my head in the clouds. I can't remember exactly how he put it but it really hurt. Since then, I don't even want to meet anyone. I do have a couple friends where I use to live but that's an hour and a half from here. I can't afford to be driving back and forth that often.
I'll probably regret this as soon as I send it on but here goes.

Hi, Jody and welcome to the forum.
No need to regret your thread - there is plenty of understanding to be found here on this forum.
Everyone gets lonely at times and needs someone to talk with.

:) Again, welcome.

Welcome, i'm glad you decided to join us.

Latest posts

Back