hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justme85

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I guess I have been feeling really lonely, which kinda led me to this site. I suppose I should explain my situation.

Well I used to have a lot of friends and be really popular, then I met this girl that I loved so much that I kind of distanced myself from my friends.Well we decided to move to the UK and were happy together..or so I thought. We had been together for 4 years and I thought that maybe it was time to get a bit serious and bought an engagement ring (she still doesnt know that). About 2 weeks before I was planning on popping the question she broke up with me saying that she wanted to be independant etc. I later found out that she was cheating on me with her manager. I was completely gutted and basically wanted my life to end. So she moved out and I then realised how alone I was. I dont have anybody that I concider a close friend so I have to go through this on my own. Im really shy and dont make friends easily, which doesnt help.

I guess I just needed to tell someone whats actually happening in my life, thanx for reading.

Sorry to hear that justme85. Are you settled where you are? Why I'm asking is, is there any chance of you moving back to where you had friends who you could reconnect with? You can still of course connect in the UK, but how I'm not sure, sorry - thats why I'm here as well.

Again, sorry to hear about your finance. Hope you are doing a bit better now.

Thanks for the reply muffin, yeah Im just yo-yoing, sometimes Im ok but sometimes im not.The thing is im from South Africa and things are not very good there. Im moving to New Zealand soon because my sister lives there, shes very social so im hoping for a beter life. I need to get away from here because my ex and her new Bf live down the road and I have to fight the urge to go there and do something stupid. Yeah it seems like everyone here in the UK is too busy doing there own thing to make friends. Do you find the same? Im from a quiet town and not really used to the busy life. thanx again for the reply.

I think thats a smart move, to as you mention, move away from your ex and her b/f and move closer to family, especially if your sister is a social butterfly. That sounds near perfect actually. I wish you lots of luck!

I grew up in a small town and love the big city, I find there's more to do, churches are bigger, more activities for families and working moms. But still I find it difficult to meet people due to circumstance. So if our next move (military) is to a smaller town I may be pleasantly surprised, who knows.

justme85 said:
Thanks for the reply muffin, yeah Im just yo-yoing, sometimes Im ok but sometimes im not.The thing is im from South Africa and things are not very good there. Im moving to New Zealand soon because my sister lives there, shes very social so im hoping for a beter life. I need to get away from here because my ex and her new Bf live down the road and I have to fight the urge to go there and do something stupid. Yeah it seems like everyone here in the UK is too busy doing there own thing to make friends. Do you find the same? Im from a quiet town and not really used to the busy life. thanx again for the reply.

Latest posts

Back