High School stoning

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mathersfrench

Reaction score
Im a freshman in high school. Abd just recently started smoking weed. My Friends don't want to chill with me anymore. So I tried making stoner friends. But they don't want to chill either since I didn't smoke before. What should I do?

Odd, being a long date stoner this strikes me as really weird.
Normally pot smokers are more friendly with people, because well, we just wanna get high and stuff and we don't really care.

The obvious reply to your question would be, smoke when you are not around your friends, help them understand that its not because you smoke some grass that you are any different then before. And if you are looking for people to smoke with, it depends on your age and where you are from. If you are in age of drinking I suggest going to pubs, try sevral until you find one with a good ambiance and meet people.
another good way is rock gigs.

It also depends on what type of person you are, though generally, going up to a hippy and being all like "I got a buzz but dont wanna smoke it alone" works.

I might get flamed for this but what our activities do make us who we are and will effect who is attracted to us. To me pot smoking does change a person. It effects your initiative in life for one which can have serious life changing consequences. From my experience, the pot smokers I knew in high school they were very apathetic and mentally dull. I am sure there are some who are not like this...but that is my experience. The ones who did it alot changed in the negative. I wasn't attracted to that. Not because it's illegal just because of how it effects a person. I have always been a caring/concerned person and I didn't care for the apathetic attitude of pot smokers.

So if you want to smoke pot...you might have to choose others with the same values.

I expected something completely different when I saw the thread title, I though you were going to say you got stones thrown at you.

Personally, I'd stop smoking weed.

Don't smoke.

Life's much better when your brain is connected to the rest of your nervous system. :)

You're a freshman in high school... and it sounds like you're trying to find people to get stoned with you?
Or maybe you're using it as a reason to push your friends away? I wouldn't go hanging with a whole new set of friends
just to have stoner buddies. To me, smoking pot and drinking alcohol are on the same level. If you get impaired with
people you don't really even know, you're asking for trouble.

The question you should be asking yourself is, "Why am I choosing weed over my friends?"
Maybe you think you haven't changed, but your friends and the stoners have a point. What made you want to start
smoking pot all of a sudden?

kaetic has a really good point, and so do the others really. I would never recommend smoking to anyone, it can make you dull and such.
but I do smoke, not as regularly as I use to, but i still do. I recommend not smoking everyday, and never spark up before class or work, only when you got nothing better to do. Do not waste your time when you are high though, go outside with friends, have a bone fire, play music, draw. Pot is a tool to open a certain door in your mind, nothing more nothing less.
Never smoke with people you don't trust, avoid smoking alone. I think that is what i would tell my kids if they smoked... But obviously the best solution is not to do it, it is a trap, i have lost friends to it, brilliant minds turned to stuttering fools.
Peace out bro!

I think kaetic's reply is worth a good amount of consideration, "What made you want to start smoking pot all of a sudden? " It may be because of a problem that you would regret no noticing later. About the apathetic and sluggish attitude, if you feel your mind is not dulled down by the weed and you're no stupider than you were before (never smoked myself) then I guess its fine. To answer your question maybe you should try to find the open minded type that are neither stoners nor anti-psychedelics and understand the difference between coke and LSD.

Latest posts

Back