Hiya

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Estrus

Reaction score
New here. I'm female and 27 and feel pretty effing old even though I'm really not. The older I get the more of a misanthrope I seem to become. Trying to undo this attitude, but as of recently it's been a tad difficult. Still clinging to hope that this attitude could change.

Like everybody here I'm just trying to find like minded people to connect with that might share similar interests & experiences and to read what people have to say.

I mostly work all the time, feel drained, and in the meantime I enjoy long walks, nature, books, writing, music (moreso on the rock/heavy metal end, but I'm very open minded to anything really), TV & movies, and cooking.

As for loneliness....I've been diagnosed with depression for sometime and have social anxiety. Generally very untrusting of most people (with good reason). Talking to people feels draining and it gives me anxiety, but I try to see the good in everybody. While I prefer being alone sometimes it gets to be too much and I really long to have someone to connect with. I've always had problems making and maintaining relationships. Sometimes I think I'm going crazy. Sometimes life just seems like it's very very long.

I have no idea. I'm just here. lol These days I just get more and more confused.

Lacrecia said:
Hey welcome

what kind of books do you read?

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Nowadays I read more nonfiction but in terms of fiction I like Vladimir Nabokov and a good chunk of classic writers. And the occasional suspense novel.
You?

Estrus said:
Lacrecia said:
Hey welcome

what kind of books do you read?

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Nowadays I read more nonfiction but in terms of fiction I like Vladimir Nabokov and a good chunk of classic writers. And the occasional suspense novel.
You?

It varries so much that I can't really give a particular genre.
atm I'm reading nonfiction books, and also fantasy books.
I do need to read more Russian lit because it's amazing.

Lacrecia said:

Awesome.

Yes, Russian Lit is definitely where it's at. Russian Lit made me appreciate writing styles a lot more as opposed to just a great story, world, and characters. Never thought I would end up loving "Lolita" as much as I did (controversial story by itself), but the way it was written messed with me in a such a way where I appreciated it. lol

Estrus said:
Lacrecia said:

Awesome.

Yes, Russian Lit is definitely where it's at. Russian Lit made me appreciate writing styles a lot more as opposed to just a great story, world, and characters. Never thought I would end up loving "Lolita" as much as I did (controversial story by itself), but the way it was written messed with me in a such a way where I appreciated it. lol

oh great!
have you read anna karenina?

Lacrecia said:
oh great!
have you read anna karenina?

We read that in high school. Our class got really into it. That book had enough drama in it to keep the class discussions and entertainment going. lol

Latest posts

Back