Hoarders (Updated)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
I love the television show "Hoarders". Some say the mess is a result of laziness. Others, myself included believe it's a mental condition. The images below of this bathroom and another room are just 2 examples of how far these people let things go.

Do you feel that it's laziness or a mental condition?

101121unknown.jpg
cat-hoarding-1.jpg
9C1C14FFCE037C49A6C30623B8C0B3A7.jpg
090125kp.jpg

Oh god I don't want to actually examine that picture...the dirty toilet is enough to make me want to puke all over my keyboard. I've seen a few episodes of Hoarders, very disturbing. Some of it has to be laziness, like the image above, that isn't hoarding, that is utterly disgusting.

Sci-Fi said:
Oh god I don't want to actually examine that picture...the dirty toilet is enough to make me want to puke all over my keyboard. I've seen a few episodes of Hoarders, very disturbing. Some of it has to be laziness, like the image above, that isn't hoarding, that is utterly disgusting.
Could you imagine if that toilet overflowed? Yummy!!I'm going to post 2 more images for everyone's enjoyment.:D

That is disgusting! It can be laziness too, but I think it's probably mental condition. o_o

These people are more crazy than all of us combined.

Yeah, I think it's a mental condition.

There was one lady who for 2 **** years didn't use the bathroom properly because she apparently had no water. She filled her entire bathroom with adult diapers! The urine and feces got so acidic they ate right through the floor!

Sci-Fi said:
I just threw up.

Mmm and it's almost lunch time.

omg a thread actually made you throw up? ;s

Every time I watch hoarders I have a compulsive need to clean something afterwards. o_o

Where is the refrigerator?

Hmm from the pictures it would appear something more than laziness is going on here...

LoneKiller said:
... She filled her entire bathroom with adult diapers! The urine and feces got so acidic they ate right through the floor!

Hopefully this wasn't an apartment building. It might be somewhat less than pleasant to have your upstairs neighbor's feces come raining down on you.

Laziness doesn't even begin to excuse this. A lazy person isn't willing to sit in honeysuckle. A person has to be coo coo.

Oh, great, Minus. I was laughing at that and my kid asked what was so funny. I told her, and now she's singing, "Feces keep falling on my head"

Clearly a mental illness problem.

There's laziness, then there's actually being crushed to death by stuff because you've been piling junk up for years on end and can barely move around your house.

Just living in this would make a person sick and eventually crazy. It is unhealthy. They should study these people to see what this does to their body. What strange things would they find?

Can you imagine the bacteria in that?

Those pictures are just pure garbage.. i thought mental condition related to hoarding was putting value on items that are worthless, not wanting to let them go? Like people who go on shopping sprees all the time, end up with stuff they do not need floor to ceiling, but do not get rid of it because they feel they can not.
But those pictures there.. it is just trash.. used paper plates, cat food cans, soda bottles, fast food bags.. maybe severe depression or some thing of that sort will play in to becoming that lazy, but I think that is mostly laziness that got it that way, rather than a need to hang on to those things..

fox said:
Those pictures are just pure garbage.. i thought mental condition related to hoarding was putting value on items that are worthless, not wanting to let them go? Like people who go on shopping sprees all the time, end up with stuff they do not need floor to ceiling, but do not get rid of it because they feel they can not.
But those pictures there.. it is just trash.. used paper plates, cat food cans, soda bottles, fast food bags.. maybe severe depression or some thing of that sort will play in to becoming that lazy, but I think that is mostly laziness that got it that way, rather than a need to hang on to those things..

Some people may develop a warped sense of what is important and what is not, however.

There was an old woman who died lonely in her home recently after she was crushed by a huge stack of newspapers she had been collecting. Clearly newspapers dating back just a few years have no real value, but apparently in her mind they were too important to throw out.

I think when people get kind of obsessive like that, their mind is not thinking about whether their home is clean or "habitable", more on whatever their focus has shifted to.

Latest posts

Back