House plants, gardens and gardening

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like gardening, it's so therapeutic. We only have a small garden but it's enough. So many people remove all the plants and lay stones nowadays. I guess they don't have the time but it doesn't take much effort to have a few bushes, strawberries, bulbs. I love sitting in the garden reading, such a luxury.

I plant a garden every year. I'm pretty okay at keeping some things alive, but no luck with others, though I suspect at least part of that is my soil. Don't care much for weeding though. House plants I just kill. lol

Lol, strawberries aren't so bad because they aren't overpowering, but have you ever had a mint flavored tomato? Ew. :ROFLMAO: I've been mowing mint in my yard for years before I didn't realize that would happen.
So mint spreads and grows inside other things if you're not careful?

I do enjoy pottering about in the garden. It's not very big, and I'm no expert gardener, but it's just nice to be out in the fresh air and watch things grow. I sowed some mixed wildflower seeds last spring, and it's been fun to see all the different flowers coming up.

Gardening is a big thing for me. I discovered it about 4 or 5 year's ago, rebelling against a very Rock n Roll lifestyle. Frolicking with Mother Nature, is immeasurably pleasurable.Potting, planting, nurturing, and watching them grow. If only people were so easy.

Within a less obstructive week, I can lose hours just pottering. I step outside with the intent of maybe a single simple task, then suddenly hours have passed, and I might have several dozen various cuttings.

My tiny house is surrounded with pots, as I don't have a formal garden. Every inch around the house, every windowsill, is filled with plants.

I have absolutely loved learning about them, often through trial and error. Plus the experiments of mixing colours and textures, and predicting seasonal blooms. I even love the occasioned work maintaining it all.

Bizarrely, prior to my discovery, never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would succumb to gardening. And yet, here I am, taking Mother Nature up the back alley and beyond.

Blooming marvellous!

I have absolutely loved learning about them, often through trial and error. Plus the experiments of mixing colours and textures, and predicting seasonal blooms. I even love the occasioned work maintaining it all.

Bizarrely, prior to my discovery, never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would succumb to gardening. And yet, here I am, taking Mother Nature up the back alley and beyond.

Blooming marvellous!

Isn't it?!

I've always been fascinated with woody plants and for years been trying growing trees indoors. Usually, they would die eventually. Of course. But I'm getting better, I hope. They live longer. I've started to read more, enrolled on one of the RHS courses and thinking about studying something related at some point. For now, I'm spending most of my spare time renovating a neglected garden, helping my wife with flowers, looking after trees, grapevine, and fruit bushes and propagating and caring for a number of potted plants in the house. I'm still experimenting with trees and wild plants inside. Trial and error, although I get emotional when something dies.

I love conifers (especially yews and junipers), hollies, heathers, birches and apple trees in particular.

Latest posts

Back