How About Actively Seeking Rejection Instead of Fearing It?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to disagree, SofiasMom.

Yes, it's good to gain strength by facing rejection.

But honestly, people like me don't like the rejections that I have been getting in life, because it's hurtful.

I am also the kind of person who gets really pissed off to the max, when I am rejected for job positions I have applied for, rejected from a college I have applied for (this was in the past), and of course, getting dumped by a girl, or being rejected when asking a girl out for high school prom.

When this kind of rejections keeps coming at me, I feel super depressed at times, where I feel like ending my life.

I think I get what you're saying, LonelyNomad, however, I don't get the analogy to job interviews or college applications. Those aren't things I would do to help me with loneliness. Let me reiterate that I've learned romantic relationships (including asking someone to prom or out on a date) isn't the only path out of loneliness.
I heard a story in my OP that has helped me think in new ways. Take it for what it's worth or leave it. ((shrug))

-Teresa

Latest posts

Back