How bad can driking and smoking be if i smoke and get drunk once a month?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kindster

Reaction score
I drink and smoke once a month. I always smoke around 10 cigs and drink around 2 liters of mixed alcohol. It feels great once in a while and i always get thoughts day after that i might get cataract and lung cancer but it always feels great and i don't wanna ruin my fun because i am afraid of what might happen, and people always tell me that chances of that things happening to me are so low and that i should not worry about it!? What do i do?

If you enjoy it then do it! But do take care of yourself, especially when mixing drinks.

It's your body but I don't think any amount of smoking is good for you.

As long as it is once a month it is not too bad. Your body has time to clean and repair itself. Really there are plenty of people out there who smoke all their lives and die of old age. While others smoke for a minute and end up dying from lung cancer.

Often times regular exposure to the things in booze and cigarettes is what increases your risk.

You're just engaging in social partying. There's nothing wrong with that. The problem becomes when it's an addiction, and you NEED it. If you're enjoying yourself, then enjoy yourself. If it's not enjoyable, then stop.

The drinking is much more dangerous to the smoking of 10 cigarattes. 2 liters of something even like wine is insane, it overloads your liver no matter how good your metabolism is. I'd say about 500 ml of hard liquor per night or 1l of wine is the most liberal limit of how much drinks short-term you can take without damage to your organs. And I'm not even considering passing out(which is very dangerous), passing out OUTSIDE (ever wonder about the statistics of how many people die of cold?), playing or having other people play with dangerous objects, and so on.

If you're young you seem to have a carte blanche on these risks, but they exist nonetheless. Enjoy yourself but always try to keep a semblance of a level head, even when drunk.

The only problem would be if you found that you were starting to smoke and drink far more often. Once a month should be ok but, as Felix suggested, you could check with a doctor to be sure.

No amount of smoking is safe. It's also gross, pointless and expensive. Drinking is also incredibly dangerous if not exercised in the proper context (right place, right time, right people, right amount, etc)

Just exercise your best judgment. If drinking pushes you to do stupid things, such as drunk driving, unsafe sex, fighting or violence or any other risky activities, then you might need to reevaluate your idea of what having a couple of drinks should really translate to.

I wouldn't worry about it really. You'd know if it was effecting you. You'd feel it. Most people who develop illnesses through smoking and/or drinking are heavy users and do it for a long time.

Latest posts

Back