How bad is your loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I think it could be the constant reminders that bother more than the loneliness itself. Everywhere I go, someone is on a cellphone, or holding hands/riding bikes/etc with a good friend or lover. When I come home from a long day of work, I can hear the laughter (or sex) shared by neighboring couples. When I turn on the TV, there are relationships presented in some fashion. Even on Food Network, you'll find couples. At work, you can over-hear co-workers talking about their social/love lives. So, with all of this, you can't help but ask yourself what it is that you are or not doing that all of these people have done. That question in itself is a little bit irritating to not have an answer for. Frankly, I think it is a simple thing for many of us, but we will not admit and face that we've lacked the courage to confront it and change our situations.

To day is bad for me. I have no where to go and nothing to do. I been on my bike. Fixed the gear problem I was having on it. Made dinner for myself now am Bord senseless. I have called a mate. But he's busy. Weekends suck. They always have for me. I don't even work but yet the weekends still suck.

My loneliness affects my mood, or rather, sometimes it makes me want to isolate more. I go out, and get more depressed when I see I'm the only one walking alone out there. At the same time, I kind of have a shield, that no one notices. I'm always smiling, and people tend to say I'm very pleasant to be with, and that it's great I always have a smile on, yet I feel like crap on the inside.

I do know a lot of people, but only on a superficial basis. I can't seem to get to know people on a more personal level, since I rarely enjoy the same activities they do. I do try to keep my mind occupied, I go to the gym, watch movies, play videogames, and sometimes watch anime or manga. Yet at the same time, sometimes I cry alone at home, wishing I'd just have someone to talk with.

I find myself loneliest when I'm about to sleep. I just wish I had that someone special to hold. It is not the most uplifting feeling, crying yourself to sleep and crying when you wake up.

I had a fling once and it made me somewhat happy, knowing that there's someone beside me the entire night. Stupid and foolish but yeah, that's me. I wish I could do something to avoid these feelings. I cry daily and ****, is it ever irritating, even to myself.

I attend support groups.
I can attend 3-4 meetings per day if I need to.
I only attend 3-4 per week.lol
It helps me keep out of my oslations at the very least.

I still work my 12 steps program...it's not a cure all but it helps
me in different area of my life.

I know enough poeple in the program...if I want to call them or contact them
I can..

So for me...I don't really have an excuse to be lonely.
However I chose to spent a bit of time alone becuase people drives me crazy still :p
I've been more active latey...getting out of house..going here , going there.
I have more interactions with humans today.

I'm single again, it took some time adjusting.
I don't feel as lonely or as depressed as I used to.
I've been in relationhips all my life...so it's not like I'm in a mad rush or feel if though I'm missing out.
I still have my moments from time to time of wanting a special
person in my life. It passes and I don't trip out as hard today.
A lot of it was becuase I was in a toxic relationhip (my ex-gf relapsed). I spent most of my time
alone or felt like I was alone. One of those oneway street relationship. I felt more alone living with
her than I do now. It's kind of wierd to explian becuase that wasn't a NORMAL relationship..lol

errr...I just don't want someone or just anyone...Somebody differnent then my EX.
However, I'm still attracted or have a radar out for PYSCHO BITCHES :p
I need to work on that..lol

My mental, emotional and spiritual state is better today.

Latest posts

Back