How can my friends get just about whoever they want but I can't?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

African_weasel

Reaction score
It's really making sad seeing that my friends are able to get who they want almost while I just can't. I'm just tired of getting said no to. I can do everything and just get the same result. Everyone just wants one thing from me. Have I done something wrong to someone or what? I really hate myself right now. I feel like people make fun of me for this honestly which in fact they do and it's beyond the point where I can tune it out. I seriously do everything but I get nothing in return. I think it's my anxiety telling me this right now. I almost went a whole day without eating one time thinking about. Someone told me it would get better when I'm older but I doubt that. I don't think that once I go back to school that anything will change. It would be high school all over again. How come I don't deserve someone I want?

You are not your friends. If these people just want one thing from you, drop them. You don't deserve to be used or mocked.

Going to college won't be like high school. People are more mature and focused on their education, and you will be too. Just look at it as an opportunity to start fresh, and better yourself.

You won't always get what you want or deserve, but don't give up. Staying bitter and depressed will guarantee that things won't get better when you get older.

That's good to hear, African. :)

But you know the truth is, you can't always get what you want. Locke is right, things will not always go your way, but they do go your way often enough that it's worth trying.

Latest posts

Back