how come every great girl i met....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SighX99

Reaction score
it seems to me that everytime i find a girl that im compatible with, she is in a relationship....

I'm currently keen on three girls. They all live the other side of the world to me. Go figure...

Maybe the relationships they are in make them seem more valuable than they would look otherwise?

Hi-
Great point, Sophia (and Socrates). I would also say that you're not truly compatible if they're already in a relationship. That's a game-stopper.

Teresa

SocratesX said:
Withdraw your cards from the game, fix your hand, and then play.

You can't just fix the hand you're dealt with. The whole point of playing with cards you're dealt with is dealing with it. Not pretending to have something else, and faking it.

Can you come up with something a little more than something superficial for every reply you write?

Anyway...

Sigh, eventually, you'll come across someone who's not. Not everyone is in a relationship right now. So you're bound to meet someone who's not.

VanillaCreme said:
SocratesX said:

You can't just fix the hand you're dealt with. The whole point of playing with cards you're dealt with is dealing with it. Not pretending to have something else, and faking it.

Can you come up with something a little more than something superficial for every reply you write?

Anyway...

Sigh, eventually, you'll come across someone who's not. Not everyone is in a relationship right now. So you're bound to meet someone who's not.

No, what you say is wishy-washy BS, and is not gonna help this dude out. He has to accept the fact that all girls who are attractive are all dating the same small minority of men, and unless he works his ass off to get to the top, he's gonna get nowhere.

its alright socrates, vanilla is just trying to make me feel better, and i do already.

what do you mean by working my ass off and fixing my hand? my life is kinda shitty right now so i guess i should start fixing my hand and working my ass off...but the thing is, i cant improve myself right now...im socially awkward, live with parents and no car...if i could change for the better, i'd already did it.

and also a lot of times, i would have a great time with a girl (when shes single) then i guess i can only become a friend or some honeysuckle, she'll find someone else.... this has happened like 3 tiems already

SighX99 said:
its alright socrates, vanilla is just trying to make me feel better, and i do already.

what do you mean by working my ass off and fixing my hand? my life is kinda shitty right now so i guess i should start fixing my hand and working my ass off...but the thing is, i cant improve myself right now...im socially awkward, live with parents and no car...if i could change for the better, i'd already did it.

and also a lot of times, i would have a great time with a girl (when shes single) then i guess i can only become a friend or some honeysuckle, she'll find someone else.... this has happened like 3 tiems already

Yeah, sounds like your disqualified from the dating game. I'd get some kind of a job and save every penny you have, and start working out in the gym 4 days a week. Just concentrate on those two things right now. As for the social awkwardness, just practice. Observe. Don't say much. Just pay careful attention and make a log of every social interaction you have.

SocratesX said:
VanillaCreme said:
SocratesX said:

Anyway...

No, what you say is wishy-washy BS, and is not gonna help this dude out. He has to accept the fact that all girls who are attractive are all dating the same small minority of men, and unless he works his ass off to get to the top, he's gonna get nowhere.

This dude speaks sense

SocratesX said:
VanillaCreme said:
SocratesX said:

Anyway...

What you say is just BS. I'm starting to really believe you're just a troll. Seriously, if you even acted like you had a piece of a brain, you'd be better off.

No, I'm not a troll. I just don't like to see dudes being screwed over by being told that the "right girl will come along." I feel extreme amounts of passion about the subject, and feel that I need to comment on it. Even Badjedidude and Brian agree with me to a certain extent.

All you have passion for is fake tans, crunchy hair, and a fake personality. You're really full of yourself, and to think you'd even offer the same advice to every single person is absurd. Doesn't matter what the problem is, your tiny mind can't think of anything more to say than the same old dead beaten horse.

If anyone ever takes your advice, I feel sorry for them. They don't need someone telling them to be fake. It's not about muscles and brawn. But I suppose that's all you would be able to offer to someone if that's all you have.

VanillaCreme said:
All you have passion for is fake tans, crunchy hair, and a fake personality. You're really full of yourself, and to think you'd even offer the same advice to every single person is absurd. Doesn't matter what the problem is, your tiny mind can't think of anything more to say than the same old dead beaten horse.

If anyone ever takes your advice, I feel sorry for them. They don't need someone telling them to be fake. It's not about muscles and brawn. But I suppose that's all you would be able to offer to someone if that's all you have.

Never said the bolded. And I never said it's all I do. I have an explanation to make to tangerinedream, where I will address some of your points. Stay tuned.

Socrates isn't a troll. I understand why some people take issue with the way in which he delivers his points. His style can be painfully honest and downright abrasive at times. HOWEVER, it doesn't take away the validity of some of his points. I agree with him wholeheartedly that there are far too few voices explaining to people the plain truth that if you don't care for and work on yourself and your life, you are likely to be stuck alone. These men need to hear it because it's true. I've found overall in life that too many of our "friends" are willing to listen to us *****, but they never step outside of their comfort zones and tell us the painful truth, which is usually that we carry some, if not most, of the blame for our situations.

I am all for anything or anyone that pushes people to accept (and embrace) responsibility for their own lives.

Obviously, Socrates has heard of courage wolf! I like how he seems like a pragmatist, and not a 'YOU'LL FIND SOMEONE EVENTUALLY' idealist. He has to work on his connotation though...

I will never agree with the "PUA" view of things; a view which Socrates repeatedly presents as absolute fact. Yes, some of what he says is common sense and good ideas: working out, being healthy, etc. Those will always be good ideas, but they DO NOT SOLVE EVERYTHING. Simply looking better will NOT solve your relationship problems or make you suddenly more amazing to every woman who crosses your path. That's just silly.

The presence of a few rights does not forgive the wrongs. SocratesX seems to have all the answers... and I will never trust or believe someone who says that.

Makes me wonder how much awesome tail he's actually getting with his own wonderous advice.

Probably not even a fifth of what he'd have you believe.

I'm not attacking him, mind you. Just giving my honest opinion.
*shrug*

Badjedidude said:
I will never agree with the "PUA" view of things; a view which Socrates repeatedly presents as absolute fact. Yes, some of what he says is common sense and good ideas: working out, being healthy, etc. Those will always be good ideas, but they DO NOT SOLVE EVERYTHING. Simply looking better will NOT solve your relationship problems or make you suddenly more amazing to every woman who crosses your path. That's just silly.

The presence of a few rights does not forgive the wrongs. SocratesX seems to have all the answers... and I will never trust or believe someone who says that.

Makes me wonder how much awesome tail he's actually getting with his own wonderous advice.

Probably not even a fifth of what he'd have you believe.

I'm not attacking him, mind you. Just giving my honest opinion.
*shrug*

Badjedidude,

I'm not a die-hard PUA, I am on the very fringes of the movement. I consider myself someone who saves dudes from getting ripped off by PUAs. Alot of PUAs make dudes do ******* stupid honeysuckle. I send Vanilla a PM about this, asking if she wanted stories. If it wasn't for dudes like me, then guys on these forums could fall into the very dangerous hands of some sadistic PUAs who will make them dress with idiotic clothes and hairstyles (see that idiot "Mystery") and say "sexual harassment charge"-worthy things to women that will get them maced in the street outside the bar.

I don't know where people think that I think that "I'm always right". I've NEVER said that. You're mistaking the tone that I type in when I respond to a dude's heartbreaking post. I borrowed the style from another guy. It's just a persona I do in attempts to cheer guys up while giving them good advice. I wouldn't catch their attention acting gloomy and uncertain about my beliefs.

Also, people seem to be adding things to my agenda that aren't there. I mention weight-training and people start talking about fake tans and bling and tattoos.

Latest posts

Back