How did it come to this?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeizeTheDay

Reaction score
First they all started doing stuff without me and making me miss out on things, then they stopped talking to me and becoming distant, and after a while it seemed like they all slowly disappeared. I guess I still have a few friends left but They're not exactly close friends and they'll never replace my old friends that ditched me.

What did I do for this to happen to me? I understand friends move on when they leave school and go to different colleges and stuff but they all still talk to each other and maybe occasionally get together. But my "friends" haven't even bothered to keep in touch with me and some have even done things to avoid me. It's like I was never their friend, but just a guy they knew.

People come and go. That just seems to be how life is. But you say that some of these "friends" have gone out of their way to avoid you. They're clearly not worth bothering with. You shouldn't feel bad; they're the ones with the problem, not you.

And this is coming from someone who has lost touch with more friends/acquaintances this year than any other.

*hugs seize the day*

I'm so sorry i can relate to this well

and i wish i knew the solution

unfortunately we can't really force other people to like us

i mean we can be nice kind and considerate try to talk with things about things that interest them

but unless we can actual reach inside their mind and a connect the concept of ourselves to the liking nerve e of the brain (ya really technical neurological talk i know)

we are powerless

and i'm sorry it's rather a sad conclusion, it's one i've seem to come too

it's hard because if someone doesn't like you any more and any attempts to reconcile with them will probably just make you appear more like a fool and a creep to them

--well that's just my very unfortunate experinces speaking

the point being people are pricks

sometimes they and us forget that other people no matter how lame or creepy one thinks they are,

they still have feelings and we need to deal with the consequences of making another fellow human feel alone and unwanted

:(

*hugs*

it's hard i know, but try to move on my friend, maybe sometime you can find some other friends

I kinda feel you on this one, man. I feel that all my friends have moved on and are doing their own stuff without me, but I still occasionally hang out with a select few. But I used to hang out more often with them, and since my closest friends are already married and are creating their own lives, I feel really left out, specially for someone who's been single all his life.

Friendships are a two-way street that constantly need to be maintained.

Just like a friend should keep in touch, you also should do the same. As long as you tried to keep the friendship alive, then you were the better person. That's my take.

Memories are a great way to rekindle or even build friendships that have kinda withered away. What I usually do to maintain friendships are to plan a little get together or go grab lunch together. Even though I get left out sometimes on high school friend get togethers, I still try to save face and try to create my own events to get back in touch with people.

Latest posts

Back