How do you deal with it?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlonelyCrumpet

Reaction score
I am off of work due to a disability and have all this time on my hands. I have no family , no friends so all I do is sit and watch tv and drink.........I am going crazy with loneliness and depression. What do people do in my situation? I look forward to sleep but dread having to awake a new day. Is anybody else in my situation? How do you deal?
email me [email protected] or alonelycrumpet@myspace.

thanks

steve

oh I'm sorry alonelycrumpet what kind of diasbility do you have?

you should take up walking or biking if you can?

I love biking and I do pretty much all summer long

Videogames are great too I have a PS# and a ps2 ahh <3 man i love videogames

check out guitar hero it's awesom

also if you can try learning a new instrument or learn a new language

you're never too old to go back to school
take some fun classes

play with fire, download comic books dance on the top of the kitchen counter

well that's what I ussally do when I'm bored

goodluck

:D

I gave up everything and moved out here to Texas from California to take a job with the railroad.....six months after taking the job I was working near the tracks and a train derailed and crushed my right leg. This happened last July, I was in the hosipital for about 3 months, now it is hard to walk or get around. All the bones in my foot were crushed and i can only walk a few yards without having to rest. I have always had the worst luck in life...............and now this.

Geez, I hope you're okay. And I hope it heals okay. Must have hurt. My hobbies are gaming and cooking. Maybe you can just take up something simple to do with your hands. I wanted to learn knitting myself. There's plenty of things you can do that doesn't have to require you being on your leg.

what about maybe a group of some sort, maybe something that will help you meet new people and get out of your old routine, that usually helps me when im feeling down. i try to do something new and random. Better days await :)

uhoh.. i think i have the wrong time set :/ idkk how to change it but no its like 9 here.. im in fl :)

im sorry to hear that dude. i cant imagine what that must be like. i hope it heals and you are able to get back on your feet regularly. i would suggest trying to find something that only requires your hands. like gaming or playing an instrument. i hope you can find something to pass the time. for me its gaming. if your bored enough one night jump in the chat room here.

I'm assuming from your second post that this a permanent disability?

I'm also disabled, but I'm afraid I don't have much useful advice. I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with the isolation and inability to do the things I used to enjoy. The only, rather lame, thing I can say is don't give up and keep trying to find something that you can do instead of focusing on what you can't.

Yes it is is.......just lonely out here in Texas with knowing anyboy. The Isolation is the part that is killing me. I look outside watching the sun shining so wishing I could out to enjoy. I following the sun thru out my apartment staring at it as in moves towards its exit for the day.
Can I ask what your disability is and how long have you been disable?

steve

AlonelyCrumpet said:
I am off of work due to a disability and have all this time on my hands. I have no family , no friends so all I do is sit and watch tv and drink.........I am going crazy with loneliness and depression. What do people do in my situation? I look forward to sleep but dread having to awake a new day. Is anybody else in my situation? How do you deal?
email me [email protected] or alonelycrumpet@myspace.

thanks

steve

Hi again Steve.
Glad to see your still posting :)

Well, I don't think I have any advice for you but I do understand your situation. This is manly why am posting in this tread just to say I am in the exact same situation.

It is hard when you live alone and do not work. The two together is much moor crippling mentally then any disability could be I would say.
Its a battle Ive been fighting all my adult life. some days better then others.

Most days am fine. Its when Ive gone 3 or 4 days with out engaging in one single conversation that I get down about things.

What I do to keep going is... Well the Internet is an amazing invention that I think I have in the past spent way to much time on. But for me its better then any pet that I might have. Its the best substitute for company that I can find.
I have a bike. An electric one as am not to good with the big hills that are around this way. That always feels great to get out on when its not raining and am feeling up for it. But for me being out on my bike makes me feel free and alive. It mostly always clears my head.
Sometimes I just jump around my living room with my MP3 player pretending to be a rock star lol. That's the best thing about living alone./ You get to do stuff like that HA
I do have some friends though. But most of them just wont to go to the pub all the time. I do enjoy a drink but not to that degree.
Sometimes I go out and drink with them just because I can not handle being in another night on my own. Not the right reasons to go out I know but the friends am thinking of don't care who is out with them just as long as they have someone to drink with. So I Guss we use one another in that way.
I go to a pub and play poker once a week. I don't always drink beer on them nights though. But I do enjoy my poker. Sometimes knowing that I have that to look forward to is the only thing that gets me fro another week.
I Guss the days do go into one another and be for you know it your 10 years down the line and not done anything. That's what gets me down. Am scared that I well wast my life in this way. I am mostly happy in each day though doing my own little thing and finding stuff to do. Even if that's only having a run out in the car to Mcdonalds.

Anyway hope to see you around here some moor :)

AlonelyCrumpet said:
Yes it is is.......just lonely out here in Texas with knowing anyboy. The Isolation is the part that is killing me. I look outside watching the sun shining so wishing I could out to enjoy. I following the sun thru out my apartment staring at it as in moves towards its exit for the day.
Can I ask what your disability is and how long have you been disable?
steve

Chronic Illness. About 8 years.
Mind if I ask why you can't go back to CA where you know people?
Internet really is your best friend. Unfortunately I suck at utilizing its potential.
You have to get past looking at all the things you can't do and start figuring out the things you CAN do. It takes a while to do that, and you have to give yourself time to grieve for all the stuff you've lost before you can even start.

Wow Bluey, you really nailed it on the head. The disability is frustrating, but it's the isolation that makes you want to give up sometimes.

BTW, I LOVE my electric bike! It's a Giant Lite. What's yours?

HAY coricopat, I just googled your bike. Its well cool :)
This is going to sound mad but I don't know what mine is called hah.
It dose have some stickers on it lol. I had to take it back to the shop just after getting it cos I was having some problems getting the battery in.
The guy fixed it straight away but then changed the stickers on it to my surprise saying what it was called. Its called a mantrol or something like that.
I think the name is Indian based as the guy who owns the shop is indian lol Nice friendly fella like :)

It dose have Shimano 7 speed gears like yours and you can change from electric to normally with a switch and all that.
It is moor expensive then a normal bike and at the time I wasn't sure whither I would regret buying it or not. But I would say its probably the best thing Ive burt in the last 3 years.

A pick I took of it last summer.
I have striped it down a bit since then tho. Took the back bit of and just tried to make it look a bit moor manly lol
Photo-0052.jpg

To day here is looking like its going to be another red hot day. I think am finish this cup of tea, have some breakfast then go out on me bike for sure to day :D

Also I really agree with your post. It dose take a long time to move on from what you can not any longer do.
You do have to focus moor on what you can do. Its all about improvisation I think :)

Latest posts

Back