How do you know you've moved on? HELP!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkm370

Reaction score
I'm facing a dilemma, so its been one year since I broke up with my ex, well 11 months to be exact but whatever. I havent spoken to her since last August(Absolutley NC), she removed me of her facebook in November which was a blessing in disguise since I always went on it and didnt have the balls to delete it myself. The last time I saw her was when I bumped into her at some local grocerry store in February of this year, we were both cold to each other and said nothing.

So the issue is I'm not really sure if I've moved on from her. I can fancy other girls and have taken an interest in a couple but it always goes like this: ill meet a girl I really like, things will go great while were hanging out but the instant the date ends or we stop hanging out I start thinking of my ex. But to make matters worse its that longing feeling. I dont just wonder what shes up to but I genuienly miss being with her, talking her, holding her, just a really strong longing feeling. But when I hang out with some girl I like, I dont think of my ex at all and can even feel butterflies in my stomach for the other girl. Another thing I have noticed is that since I was madly, crazily, in love with my ex, I've never felt the same type of connection again, yes ive developed feelings for others, buts not on the same level, its just always very indifferent, anyone faced or facing a similar dillema...have I moved on or not?

Well, I'm kind of dealing with this myself. What I think is, there was something about your ex that you connected with on a different, higher level than everyone else. Something you feel comfortable with, and it's something that's hard to let go. I wish I could stop caring about my ex so much, but I know it won't be possible. At least, not for a while. Just give it some time. Things always work out.

Latest posts

Back