How do you personally define "Right" from "Wrong"?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can I put that nto words? I can just feel it. It's all internal.

I do have a strong sense of right and wrong. I do not always follow it, however.

Don't know, Nalee...
When it feels right. A gut feeling.

My brain can evaluate what is good or bad base on my past experince or moral teachings.
I always get a gut feeling if I was doing something wrong or not good...a glims.

It's when I get into the gray area....

8 seconds of grace some poeple say. This is that freewill moment or the moment
when I have a chioce.

My brain well also justified a million reasons to do the wrong thing. Then it shuts down
my senses or gut feeling. Then it gose into attachments or chemicle addictions.
(Natural chemicle produce by the brain). If outside source of chemicle (drugs) is introduce
into my brain...it's even worst.

Unacceptance said:
Kant's Categorical Imperative.

Kant and his categorical imperative, man that is one way to tell what is right or wrong but I still don't like it I don't think you can categorize morality so easily, I think he just thought of something that is coincidentally something that goes hand and hand with morality, not telling you what is moral just giving an example of it....Interesting stuff though and I do always ask myself: "what would Kant's categorical imperative say to do in this situation?"

I still have trouble determining right from left.:p

If I think it's right, it's probably against the law.:(

If I think it's wrong, I'm not politically correct.:p

NeverMore said:
Unacceptance said:
Kant's Categorical Imperative.

Kant and his categorical imperative, man that is one way to tell what is right or wrong but I still don't like it I don't think you can categorize morality so easily, I think he just thought of something that is coincidentally something that goes hand and hand with morality, not telling you what is moral just giving an example of it....Interesting stuff though and I do always ask myself: "what would Kant's categorical imperative say to do in this situation?"

The real problem with it, as I see, is that it seems like it can be changed based on specific situations.

Like Don't lie, doesn't really cover all the blanket reasons that lying could potentially be used for good.

His rebuttal to this type of criticism is pretty lackluster.

For a while i didn't really know, but i think this is the simplest- anything you do that makes someone happy is good, anything to harm another or make them feel sad is bad.

Of course becuase we can not see the future, we do not know exactly how our actions will effect one another especially in the long run.

Becuase sometimes even when we do the right thing, things still don't work out. Does this mean there is no such thing as good and evil.

Just look at humanity and the world does it cause suffering, will make people happy? don't put God in the picture. God should mind his own business, and pleasing God is not your priority. Serve mankind, then you will serve God

Latest posts

Back