How do you react?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bish33

Reaction score
If you have plans with someone and they're a no show. They don't give you any type of heads up they won't be able to make it. How do you react?

I ask this because a friend of mine asked me to go out about a month ago. (2 weeks advance notice) When the day finally came, she tells me about an hour before we are suppose to meet that she will be late. FIVE hours later I still haven't heard a word. I honestly gave up after about a half hour. This made me pretty mad. Then yesterday she contacts me to make plans for this evening. She invited me to something I really didn't want to go to. I accepted her invitation. I wait around again tonight. She gives me no contact what so ever through out the day. Finally tonight I text her and say I guess our plans are off. She answers yes and that's it.

I'm a little more than ticked off, because I believe "friends" should give you a heads up that plans have changed. Am I right in having a bit of anger in this?

be annoyed, i have a few friends that ALWAYS say

'yeah let's do that' or something like that...only to eithr bck out last minute or leave me there....there what i call
'useless pricks of humnaity' :)

if i were you i'd just try to forget about being annoyed about this and learn from your mistakes with this person, just i case it'll happen again with that person

This friend dose not sound like much of a friend to me. I have had ppl like that in my life be for. I messed um all off. Using mother ******* selfish bastards the lot of them. Makes me feel like going up to them and smacking them strait in the gob and to hell with the consequence's. Ye you have a right to be peed. fresia her off man. She no good for you. When I started to think I was better of spending moor time alone then I already was then putting up with crap like that I was moor lonely yes. But I was happier.

Bluey that is pretty much the same way I feel. What gets me more than anything. She doesn't even understand why I am not happy about it. It's that selfish mentality that drives me crazy. I guess my standards on how to treat and be treated by others just isn't as common now as it was in the past.

Some ppl they bring the best out in you huh.

Well forgive me for the language. Just that you did bring a subject up that aggravates me hugely.

NumbNuts said:
It's that selfish mentality that drives me crazy.

Yes, This is what gets my gout has well. Its not even so much being let down. Its the mentality of the ppl that do it. Almost like they have a right to be treating you in this way. Mentality is a good word to use.

But on a moor sensible note now I have had a sleep and feeling a little less bad myself. (weekends are not good for me) I think to just walk away from ppl like this is probably the best idea.

I have tried arguing with ppl like this.
I have tried reasoning with ppl like this and to try and make them understand what they are doing.
I have even tried doing the same back to show how it feels. All though I was not to good with that one. Its just not me.

What I have learned is its better not to try and change someone but to except that's just the way they are. Was a hard lessen for me to learn. I always thought ppl around me where better then that. But its hard admitting your wrong. Specially when your never wrong :p

But admitted to myself I did, Eventroly. Now I think I do see ppl for who they are, I hope. Well I don't have much time for ppl that do this now days. But at the same time I don't take it to personally when I do get someone do something like this. You have to understand the ppl that do this are probably not trying to wind you up but just are dysfunctional.

Of course this is no consolation to you and me when we are let down. So now if someone dose this I go on how many times they have done this. How long I have known them for act. Lots of things to be thought about here. But basally if someone is always doing that the way I see it you are better of with them out of your life. I have had a person be for in my life who was good in nearly every way. Fun to be with and good to talk to. But he would not be able to keep to a time at all. When some one is like that all of the time its impossible to make arrangements and there for imposable to be friends with. Its sad that some ppl are like this.

I don't normally let this kinder thing get to me anymore now days. Just yesterday I was feeling piratically alone and this Burt a tho things back.

What you have to ask your self is dose this friend offer you moor good things then bad things? Is it worth putting up with the crap for the good stuff that she dose. Every one has crap after all. Its wither that crap out ways the good side to her.

Over all a friend should make you feel good about yourself. If you are feeling like your always being taking for granted and that keeping you waiting around is just not an issue then that can not make you feel very good about yourself.

Of course only you can know if a friendship is worth the work.

Just ignore her and next time she invites you out, say you're busy or that you don't want to. If she asks why, just calmly tell her she's a flake.

People change their tune when you start calling them on honeysuckle left and right.

I get pissed if people stand me up. I pretty much have a 'one strike' and you're out rule for that sort of nonsense.

I'd get pissed. If it happened once okay.. no problem but twice?! She should have texted you saying she couldnt make it atleast. Next time just say no or you've got other plans..

I would be very disappointed with the person, I don't think I could call someone like that a friend. Respect is important to me, and that's definately not a respectful thing to do. :(

Latest posts

Back