how i changed my life, to motivate & inspire others

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badaboom

Reaction score
Hey everybody. I am writing this to help/inspire/motivate and propel someone who may have been in the same circumstance and situation I was in. I managed to change my life to almost the total opposite. I would like to share my story with you, straight from the bottom of my heart. It will be a long read. But I hope it will inspire people who were in the same situations I was in. Excuse my grammar/spelling errors.
Early 2013, I was overweight, drowning in debt, no job, no future, heartbroken in a unhealthy on and off relationship at that point struggling with deep depression for 5 years, most of my friends and family had gone far in life, even though i was always a smart and hardworking person, my depression had made me a handicap, but much worse, the depression was turning into paranoia/ocd/phobias, and many other problems. Different from any other guy my age, at age 23 I wanted to give up on life, totally give up I thought I was a failure, suffered a bad childhood, lack of money, constant heartbreak, I had no passion for anything or a purpose, nobody I can relate to, and even though I was good in school and a hardworker my depression handicapped any ambition and concentration. In early 2013 I had a paradigm shift one day, after almost giving up, I was an agnostic at that point, didn’t really know if the creator existed, But I prayed my heart out that night. I feel like the creator works in mysterious ways. That night I realized that I need to attack life now, with full force, I started getting in touch with the creator, started meditating and thinking about society, and started working out, being positive, and overall a good healthy person. My depression started slowly going away. Everyday was so painful to push myself out of bed and live out the day, But I had to exercise great will power. My parents were financially struggling, and i felt extremely guilty i couldn’t help them, ontop of that i had a poor relationship with my family, so i first worked on establishing a good foundation with them. I would walk everyday, read books, and meditate and pray. I would do pull ups and pushups exercises, also started doing shadow boxing, and eating healthy. Things started changing within me, I ended up getting a job. I invested time into daily walking an hour everyday, meditation, reading as much as I could, working, gym, and eating healthy. Slowly negative people and negative thoughts left my life. I started lifting weights, what I initially did was, i took out all my depression/paranoia/and ocd into weight lifting, i would use my pain and confusion to lift heavy, and it did wonders. This may sound easier said than done, but if anyone has experienced deep depression or extreme paranoia, simple everyday things like brushing your teeth or even making food is hard. So the fact that i was doing all these things was a huge deal for me. I had to really push myself, I found out that we all have inner strength, just need to find it, be positive and confident, dont be afraid to think crazy positive, dream big, think, no matter how hard it gets don’t give up. Follow your heart. Do what you love. Have a good character. Be in touch with your creator. Think with your own mind. Don't follow society. Help others and do what's right. Speak your mind. If everyone started doing this the world would be a better place. I did this through willpower, and allowing myself to focus on my life. I have found a passion for poetry and behavioural psychology. I plan to attend university in September for behavioural psychology. I love weight training. I have formed good relationships with my co workers at work. I still push myself everyday. I believe in fate, I’m single, but now through all the meditation and reading, I am a good judge of character, and I believe I will meet the right girl soon. I can hope and pray anyone who is reading this will find happiness, love & peace. Good luck.

Bless you! and I am not even religious :) It seems that beyond willpower you also had a good plan and did your best to stick with it, so even people with less willpower will be able to follow those footsteps. Also I think you were blessed with hope, those who don't have hope need to find it, otherwise the healing process doesn't even get started. At least trust that if you follow all the rights steps, things WILL get better. I hope that many people from this forum will write an analogue letter soon.

Thank you for posting that, i feel like at the moment i am in the process of doing similar and hope to be turning around my life too.

I am glad things have got better for you, keep up the good work :).

Awesome! and good luck with your pursuits in behavioral psychology, check out behavioral neuroscience in your academic journey.

That's great to hear! Exercise, healthy eating and meditation can make such a positive impact in a persons life.

Congrats man, just like NightHawkJohn, i too feel like im in the process of doing something similar with my life and turning it around. I sometimes feel as if i take a step back, but then 2 steps forward in return. Good luck with everything everyone!

Latest posts

Back