How Long Have You Been Single?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
22 years, but for at least 15 of them I had no concept of women or relationships because I was merely a bab. So, I'll amend it to 7 years. I'm not even sure that's a bad thing. I mean, I've never had the distraction. I've been able to focus on my legal studies and I get very good marks. I've always done well because I've never had to worry about maintaining a relationship. My grandad often praises me for not being involved, saying now is the time to focus on work, studies etc. When I've got a job, and a home and I'm settled I can focus on a relationship, he says. Good point, really. I mean, from what I've seen of relationships in my age bracket... overly complicated and not worth the effort.

jean-vic said:
22 years, but for at least 15 of them I had no concept of women or relationships because I was merely a bab. So, I'll amend it to 7 years. I'm not even sure that's a bad thing. I mean, I've never had the distraction. I've been able to focus on my legal studies and I get very good marks. I've always done well because I've never had to worry about maintaining a relationship. My grandad often praises me for not being involved, saying now is the time to focus on work, studies etc. When I've got a job, and a home and I'm settled I can focus on a relationship, he says. Good point, really. I mean, from what I've seen of relationships in my age bracket... overly complicated and not worth the effort.
I think your grandfather makes a lot sense. My father is 74. I'd be much better off if I had of listened to him earlier in life. You'll have plenty of time for relationships.Your studies are your life right now. Very important.

5 months ish if you count my last "relationship" which I'm not sure I do so a couple of years. But then I don't date, I've never dated I've just had longer relationships. I think I'd find dating hard on a practical level.

Come on people! Your not "single" when you're a baba!

Plus for all the guys here that haven't had a relationship and are now getting into there 20s there's hope. Hope A that'll you find someone and hope B that that someone won't care that you've never had someone before. I've been thinking that a lot round here but this is the first answer where its seems fitting to say it. Making a thread seemed super weird! I mean when my ex told me that he'd only ever had one gf and was a virgin (late 20s) I never thought sad or loser. I actually welcomed it and felt good that he could tell me something like that. Granted our relationship wasn't great and stuff but that was because of how he was as a person not because of his lack of experience.

Too long.

But I won't begin looking for a relationship until I've snagged a full-time job and everything. And that might be a while, given this piece-of-honeysuckle economy.

*shrug*

Since forever, I haven't dated not even held a guy's hand. But from the looks of dating and romance I've witnessed from my sisters' romance lives, it doesnt look like something you can haste. Besides, i dont feel like im single :D

Depends if you count the fact that technically I'm still married.
Going by the date he left... almost 2 years.

Depends if you count the fact that technically I'm still married.
Going by the date he left... almost 2 years.

I've been single my whole life, but recently I was made even more aware of how isolated I am in terms of relationships. We're doing work in Acting 1 that involves touching and describing people, and it's the most real physical intimacy I've ever had in my whole life.

Depends if you count the fact that I'm still technically married. Going by the day he left, I've been "single" for almost 2 years.

About 5-6 years, if you count from my early teens onwards. I could be a twit and say "20 years, lolz", but that's silly.

I don't really consider myself "single" though, that implies that I've sort of chosen to remain so and I'm "livin' it up" or some crap like that.

It's more like I've not done anything when I've had numerous chances to go out with people in the past and now I'm horribly lonely, inexperienced and shy.

To be honest, I view relationships/love/sex more as something for "everyone else", I just can't see me actually getting anywhere with a girl because I'm so useless at seizing on obvious signs of attraction. I think girls misjudge me as "cute" when in actual fact I just give off that vibe because I'm ridiculously naive :\

So my relationship status is more like "Hopeless Nubcake". I wish I could put that on my Facebook, actually :D

Slightly over two years right now. Not quite sure, I've always been bad with keeping track of any period of time. Lasted for the better part of three years. Told her I had trouble getting close to people, even my own family. Then three years later I'm getting yelled at over being cold and apathetic. Of course me shrugging and saying I told her so didn't help anything.

Im not married...but we might as will.
This relationship had been on going
pretty much from when we were teenagers...

On saperations status..but we talk
all the time. Theres alway been something there..
(honeysuckle..some people veiw logn distant relationship as a relationship and they havnt even met in person)..
It can go whatever the fresia way as it alway had..

Met different women, lived with different women and seeing other women through all of it...

Dont even know WTF statue Im in...
In and out...in and out..in and out
would the pattern no matter how I go about it.

Shes coming back to me...thats what she say..yesterday...but that was yesterday.LOL

I'm actually scared. It's not psychologically healthy to go completely without any physical intimacy for so long, and it can lead to drug abuse, which I've had trouble with. And aggression. I get these violent, coldly aggressive thoughts sometimes, and these deep sessions of despair. It was better when I talked about it and annoyed the fresia out of everyone. Now that I don't ever mention it, it's like it's eating away at me steadily and slowly.
I know that this honeysuckle doesn't happen to everyone, or even a minor amount of people. It doesn't. But it can happen, and I think it's happening to me.

25 years without so much as even a glance from the fairer sex. And I couldn't be more proud of myself.

Latest posts

Back