How Long Have You Been Single?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mmmm...I asked probably around 25-30 girls out.
I got rejected, stood up at first ..but i kept on going.
Eventaully 5-6 girls dated me. Of course I 'll narrow it
down to just one girl that I like a lot or we have some sort
of connection.

When looking for work..I'll have to trun in 50-100 resumes
Interviews after interviews, rejections after rejections
Screening after screening...when i find a job usually 2-3 companies
will also want to hire me.

I have bid out for contracts at work...pretty much the samething.
I'll submit 20 contracts...I might at 1 to 2 crappy contracts or
non at all...Very tiring indeed. 4-6 months later I'll get 2-3
recieve 2-3 approval for major contracts.

When purchasing for electronics...sometimes I'll have to
call or contact 100's of sales poeple or companies just to
find a particular part I'm looking for.

When I learned how to fly R/C model...I crashed 20-30 of them
I was determind to learn how to fly and master it....again and again

When I learned to play the guitar....I couldn't play it worth a fresia
I pratice it again and again and again and again...until I could.
Some people will even make a comment of me being a natural flier or guitar player.
Mmmmm...more like practice my ass off and being determind.

Alot of my co-workers gets mad at me if they see my pay check. I make 2-3 times
as much as they do.
Errr...I ask for a raise again and again and again and again.
Rejections after rejections from my boss...F-it it he can't take a joke...lmao
Hello...that's why he hire me he said...i was a go getter. :p

In other words...You have to put yourself out there again and
again and again...until it happens.

You have to pick yourself up again and again and again until
it happens inspite of it all.

Though i might have obsessive behaviors in my life...then again i can also call it persistence. :p

that's the secret...that's the magic.

2002 I had a girlfriend for a week... she was a sweetheart, but we were both only on vacation, and the long-distance thing just didn't pan out. Before that 1997, she was my first love. I'm not bad looking, athletic, have a good job, good personality/attitude (most of the time). I have a problem with opening up to girls I like too soon though. That makes them lose interest fast, cause no matter how much they may deny it, most girls don't want a guy who easily reveals his feelings. That's why guys that act like jerks or are high on themselves often end up with the girls. Girls often foolishly think there's something deeper there, or that the guy just needs her love to change. Sometimes the girl is right... more often than not she is deceived. That and I enjoy my solitude. It's too hard to build an empire with a girl harassing me about spending too much time at work and not enough with her. All in due time I suppose.

Since December of 2006. It hasn't been a very good two years. It could have been better. Hopefully things change.

Lost in the Oilfield said:
2002 I had a girlfriend for a week... she was a sweetheart, but we were both only on vacation, and the long-distance thing just didn't pan out. Before that 1997, she was my first love. I'm not bad looking, athletic, have a good job, good personality/attitude (most of the time). I have a problem with opening up to girls I like too soon though. That makes them lose interest fast, cause no matter how much they may deny it, most girls don't want a guy who easily reveals his feelings. That's why guys that act like jerks or are high on themselves often end up with the girls. Girls often foolishly think there's something deeper there, or that the guy just needs her love to change. Sometimes the girl is right... more often than not she is deceived. That and I enjoy my solitude. It's too hard to build an empire with a girl harassing me about spending too much time at work and not enough with her. All in due time I suppose.

Its clear that you have thought about all that. I agree with it has well. Never really thought that they might go for the jerk-offs cos of that. I think maybe your right.

I think maybe opening up to your most deep feelings to soon would put them off. It would worry me if a girl was doing it to me. Think maybe your just like me. You just need to meet the right one. Next time you start talking to a girl just try and enjoy where your at with out saying to much about your self. She well ask if she wants to know something.

Hmmm, I think 9 years.

Doesn't mean I didn't date ... just couldn't connect with any of them. <Sigh>

Two years last month. Broke up with a cheating ex and haven't really been able to pick up the pieces from that yet. Although I'm finding that I'm a much nicer person as a single guy than I was while I was in a relationship...

2 years, hate it...but at the same time, i dont want any new girls, i want my old one >_<

I have been single for 7 years now. From 23 to 29, I honestly believe it's because I'm bold. When I had hair I never had problem finding someone. Being bold is like a having a woman repellent sprayed on you. I can't blame women for being superficial though, we just live in that type of society. I'm actually a nice looking guy it's just without the hair........sigh

Latest posts

Back