How often do you cry?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you cry?

• Every once in a while.

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Every week or so.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • A couple times a week.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Everyday.

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • I dont cry. *Flexes*

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
OK I well be honest here and if any of my friends read this on here then don't worry am fine.

yesterday I had, had no drink as that normally is when I start to feel down. But I was thinking about my life and how I am 33 and nearly been living alone for nearly half my live. Well be when I get to 40. And that I dont see anything that's going to change that as I fined it hard to get attracted to anyone. I did cry my eyes out. Not done that in a looooong time but I had my headphones on lessening to music, Not even slow music, anyway I just felt so low and the tears come flooding down my face. I don't know whether are not that made me feel better but ye all admit that I feel like I have no one and have lost every one and have nothing in common with anyone and that yesterday made me cry and cry like a little baby and at 33 that should not be happening.

I dont cry...and this reallly upsets me. I dunno how but depression and loneliness has made me very strong from inside...but thats not a good thing. Sometimes i really feel like venting out my feelings and cry but i am unable to...I wish I could coz there are so many things that i feel need to get out.

It depends, maybe once every few weeks. It usually happens when I have an overload of emotions that I haven't found an outlet for. I think it's a really good thing to be able to cry, to me it's a huge relief to just let all those emotions out. I never let anyone notice though.

Almost never. Can't remember the last time. It is not a thing of strength, it isn't a thing of control. It isn't toughing it out. It isn't that things don't have an effect on me. It isn't that i have managed to avoid emotional traumas. It is simply that something died in me long ago and it just doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Almost never. Crying for me has always been a tear or two. I don't really understand how people can bawl(sp). Usually when I feel like crying, I can't. Even though I wish I could. :(

I haven't cried over a personal hardship since I was... probably 11? I really don't know why, I suspect I'm just detached and calloused at this point. Even when I know that I should be sad, and most people would consider my place in life to be pretty miserable, I can't muster enough self-pity to shed a tear. I just don't care, I guess.

Embarrassingly enough, fictional characters and artifice tend to get me more emotionally distraught than my own life. Like I said, I haven't cried over dead pets, ended relationships, or friendlessness, but I have wept over:
- the death of Dumbledore
- two Michael Moore documentaries (he's very good at being emotionally manipulative)
- the ending of Juno (a movie which I didn't even really like)
- any movie by Gregg Araki
- the ending of Final Fantasy X

Living vicariously does strange things to a person.

Corin said:
I haven't cried over a personal hardship since I was... probably 11? I really don't know why, I suspect I'm just detached and calloused at this point. Even when I know that I should be sad, and most people would consider my place in life to be pretty miserable, I can't muster enough self-pity to shed a tear. I just don't care, I guess.

Embarrassingly enough, fictional characters and artifice tend to get me more emotionally distraught than my own life. Like I said, I haven't cried over dead pets, ended relationships, or friendlessness, but I have wept over:
- the death of Dumbledore
- two Michael Moore documentaries (he's very good at being emotionally manipulative)
- the ending of Juno (a movie which I didn't even really like)
- any movie by Gregg Araki
- the ending of Final Fantasy X

Living vicariously does strange things to a person.

I understand that completely, I can only remember 1 or 2 times in the past half decade or more where I've cried for myself, and they were all immediately after the death of very close family. Even then it wasn't very much.

Fictional events however cause me to cry proper tears.

-Sora's ending in ever17- Cried sorrowful tears for a love that could never be
-Tsugumi's ending in ever17-Cried manly tears for a man who lived and died by his code of honour
-Almost anything written by Hans Christian Anderson (sp) makes me cry
-Parts of clannad:shy:
- My dog Marimo

Doesn't mean you don't want to...it can be so frustrating because you can't make what's inside you have any impact on the outside world.

I havent cried in years. There are times when I feel like I should be crying, when I want to cry, when I NEED to cry, but nothing happens. I'm a nervous wreck 70% of the time and an emotional stump the rest. I dont cry, but the pain builds up and I wish I could vent. I'm only 16 but I can see the boring future I am doomed to inherit. I have such good friends and a good environment to prosper, but I'm just not getting it....I'm derailing my own future without meaning to. I can see myself alone and depressed 10years down the road from now. All my friends are going their seperate ways without me, I see all this but I do nothing about it. Sometimes I wish I could have a good ol' pillow hugging cryfest, but that's not going to happen....as good as it sounds.

Those pillow hugging cry fests dont do me any good. They just make me feel pathetic afterward. Im a grown man bawling like a baby, and all i can think aboy while i do is that after im done itll all be the same. The tears dont fix anything. No sympathy awaits, just the same problems and a wet pillow.

We cry for a reason, Seraphim. Even though You might not know of it, the crying helps. If You do it often i guess it doesn't really seem to matter though, but it sure seems to imply that You are in an environment that makes You sad often, which can be in the physical world as in Your mental world i mean.

...or to add to that, it may not actually be your current environment that is causing the emotional outpour, but we do cry for a reason and it may be a signal that you have a lot of pent up emotions that never got a chance to be expressed or dealt with if you find that you tear up very easily... sometimes its things that we have even forgotten about, but the feeling of hurt, anger, fear, etc remains bottled up inside. Sometimes for years even. I think it is a good sign that you are crying, it means that you are beginning to release some of this...its a heavy burden to carry around with us. I would say let the tears flow, if you do, instead of fighting them...then maybe it will calm down. More importantly...what is causing it...what are your feelings while your crying? I think its important to know them and think about them again when you aren't caught up in the strong emotional bit, to maybe begin to figure out whats going on. You aren't weak or stupid or silly, A LOT of people have done this, its pretty common actually....and YES, even for men. A lot of times though it is expressed indirectly...say like how we can cry for fictional characters, but not for ourselves. Its a mourning process of something...anything, something maybe you don't even think that is an issue for you. I don't know, only you will be able to answer that. Anyway...I am not familiar with you or your story, but I think maybe your body is trying to tell you that you have some honeysuckle to deal with...some really deep honeysuckle (haha!), and you don't have to do it by yourself. Maybe therapy?? Just awknowledging it is a good first step?

I hear you darkestseraphim, its rough...but its not hopeless. Its just life. And sometimes in life you have to wail like a banshee until you have soaked your pillow in tears and snot!

Gross :p

I only cry when I have to I cry because im human, Because I have a heart and because it helps when you have to much on your shoulders its like a lift for your soul.

Is it a myth that crying releases toxins that build up in your system and so makes you feel better? I think I read that somewhere, but I can't remember if it was saying that it was true or rubbish.

I cry so easily it's kind of pathetic. And also reeeeally embarrassing if something sets me off in public (although I try to never let that happen)

OhDear said:
Is it a myth that crying releases toxins that build up in your system and so makes you feel better? I think I read that somewhere, but I can't remember if it was saying that it was true or rubbish.

I cry so easily it's kind of pathetic. And also reeeeally embarrassing if something sets me off in public (although I try to never let that happen)

Toxins? That sounds like BS to me.

I would say that if crying does anything it's the fact that people are facing their problems directly and so crying is a way to deal with what you can't coap with atm. Or something like that. I suppose there are many reasons.

Bluey said:
OK I well be honest here and if any of my friends read this on here then don't worry am fine.

yesterday I had, had no drink as that normally is when I start to feel down. But I was thinking about my life and how I am 33 and nearly been living alone for nearly half my live. Well be when I get to 40. And that I dont see anything that's going to change that as I fined it hard to get attracted to anyone. I did cry my eyes out. Not done that in a looooong time but I had my headphones on lessening to music, Not even slow music, anyway I just felt so low and the tears come flooding down my face. I don't know whether are not that made me feel better but ye all admit that I feel like I have no one and have lost every one and have nothing in common with anyone and that yesterday made me cry and cry like a little baby and at 33 that should not be happening.

Happens to me sometimes, im 24 and have bee single my whole life. if your 33 and have been single for half , then I think your ahead of me :p

I rarely cry. When I do it's because everything sort of builds up and I reach that breaking point where I'm completely overwhelmed. I'll go a while without any problems but then a million things go wrong at once.

tadetlugnt said:
I rarely cry. When I do it's because everything sort of builds up and I reach that breaking point where I'm completely overwhelmed. I'll go a while without any problems but then a million things go wrong at once.

Ditto for me :(

I don't cry!

*flexes* :cool:

Nah, I only cry when watching emotional movies (sometimes videogames). Besides that, never ^^

Latest posts

Back