How often do you cry?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you cry?

• Every once in a while.

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Every week or so.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • A couple times a week.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Everyday.

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • I dont cry. *Flexes*

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
I rarely cry ...but last weekend i got so wasted and was crying...lol..I hate crying

Probably at least once a month for the past year, and a few days ago when me and my girlfriend re-re-re-broke up. It makes me feel a lot more optimistic a few hours later.

Lately it's like a couple of times a week : (
and here's why:
I lost my job, I lost my apt., my relationship sucks!, I have no friends, I have no income, and I'm stuck living back at my mom's again

Geez, when will it get better?! :/

I've only cried a couple of times in the past few years. Once, when my mother was really sick and I thought she was going to lose her leg (diabetic complications). The second, when I hated my life and was on the verge of ending it.

My mother's fine now. My life still sucks, but I'm far too lazy to kill myself. Besides, I'm tired of all the drama associated with loneliness and depression.

It been really rough lately...

I'm getting toward the end of my first year in college and it just feel like high school all over again minus the bullying, but the loneliness is still there.

Rarely, but when I do, it's at the most random of times. No matter how hurt I'm feeling, I can't even cry when loved ones die. I guess my emotions have gotten down-regulated from constant turmoil. My eyes start to well up when I see innocent children with their parents, or when I hear a certain song after a long time. Alcohol can also bring it out, but only if I'm away from everyone else. I actually break down hysterically when something kinda good happens, because that is a rarity. I've never shed a tear in front of anyone but my parents, and that was a long time ago.

20years2many said:
Rarely, but when I do, it's at the most random of times. No matter how hurt I'm feeling, I can't even cry when loved ones die. I guess my emotions have gotten down-regulated from constant turmoil. My eyes start to well up when I see innocent children with their parents, or when I hear a certain song after a long time. Alcohol can also bring it out, but only if I'm away from everyone else. I actually break down hysterically when something kinda good happens, because that is a rarity. I've never shed a tear in front of anyone but my parents, and that was a long time ago.

I don't keep alcohol in the house no longer. Not cos I have a problem with it just if its in and am feeling bard or lonely I drink and it never makes me feel better. I always end up getting depressed. So know I don't keep it in.

Last night I really felt like a beer. Am glad I did not have any in cos I would have gone from happy to sad in 30 minutes flat. cert take the beer you see. Am a lightweight.

ragingbull17 said:
More often than a Twenty year old boy should, that's for sure.

You would be surprised mate.

Now how many ppl, men espeshely that you know are going to admit they cry? Probably there is a lot moor then you think that do.

JustLost said:
My life still sucks, but I'm far too lazy to kill myself. Besides, I'm tired of all the drama associated with loneliness and depression.

lol I hear you there :) Good to be a bloke huh

Chris 2 said:
It been really rough lately...

I'm getting toward the end of my first year in college and it just feel like high school all over again minus the bullying, but the loneliness is still there.

Your on the right track tho mate.

OK there is going to be set backs. but your learning by them.

Bluey said:
20years2many said:

I don't keep alcohol in the house no longer. Not cos I have a problem with it just if its in and am feeling bard or lonely I drink and it never makes me feel better. I always end up getting depressed. So know I don't keep it in.

Last night I really felt like a beer. Am glad I did not have any in cos I would have gone from happy to sad in 30 minutes flat. cert take the beer you see. Am a lightweight.

Awsome to hear man!!!! *Cheer*

Find something constructive to do when your feeling the need for a drink or something.

Bluey said:
ragingbull17 said:

Now how many ppl, men espeshely that you know are going to admit they cry? Probably there is a lot moor then you think that do.

Ya, don't put yourself down for crying. My father used to hit himself when he wanted to cry and he is soooo screwed up now it's not even funny. Guys cry, it's just who is going to go telling people about it? If you try to not cry it may come out as anger instead or something else bad and you will end up worse off.

Skorian said:
Bluey said:
ragingbull17 said:

Ya, don't put yourself down for crying. My father used to hit himself when he wanted to cry and he is soooo screwed up now it's not even funny. Guys cry, it's just who is going to go telling people about it? If you try to not cry it may come out as anger instead or something else bad and you will end up worse off.

That's true. Better out then in.

I cry at least one or 2 times a week. Although, lately I haven't been able to. I've just sort of grown numb as the years have passed. I've been in my terrible situations since the age of 14 and have seen no improvements, so you just kind of get used to it, until it all just builds up to a breaking point. Being a woman we are already labeled as being 'overly emotional', but I don't cry over the small stuff (unless I'm having a really bad day). I get tired of being labeled a baby, simply because I get so depressed I have no other outlet than to cry. (God forbid I should ever come to the point of actually committing suicide).
On other posts It was mentioned quite frequently that some can't cry even though they wanted to. There was an article about people who have underproductive tear ducts. They simply don't produce enough tears to cry. It might be worth looking into at least. Especially if you get frequent dry eyes.
I also know from experience about some who use anger as their outlet instead of tears or emotion. He will never seek out help for it, because to him it isn't macho. I would rather he cried than get angry, but he never will, because his anger blinds him. Seek help if you have this problem or at least try to find a solution. It doesn't just hurt you, but the ppl you love too.

Irishdoll said:
I cry at least one or 2 times a week. Although, lately I haven't been able to. I've just sort of grown numb as the years have passed. I've been in my terrible situations since the age of 14 and have seen no improvements, so you just kind of get used to it, until it all just builds up to a breaking point. Being a woman we are already labeled as being 'overly emotional', but I don't cry over the small stuff (unless I'm having a really bad day). I get tired of being labeled a baby, simply because I get so depressed I have no other outlet than to cry. (God forbid I should ever come to the point of actually committing suicide).
On other posts It was mentioned quite frequently that some can't cry even though they wanted to. There was an article about people who have underproductive tear ducts. They simply don't produce enough tears to cry. It might be worth looking into at least. Especially if you get frequent dry eyes.
I also know from experience about some who use anger as their outlet instead of tears or emotion. He will never seek out help for it, because to him it isn't macho. I would rather he cried than get angry, but he never will, because his anger blinds him. Seek help if you have this problem or at least try to find a solution. It doesn't just hurt you, but the ppl you love too.

Overly emotional?!?! That is hog wash. Probably the people that tell you that are even more emotional and probably out of control.

I never have dry eyes. :) I just am like a rock.... lol "thinks of commercial". Really though something has to hit me hard just right and crying to me is a couple tears. My eyes might water up a bit, but mostly I get the sniffles.

Actually if I lay just right my eyes will leak all over and soak stuff sometimes.... I have to be smashing my face into something just perfect though. I mean not when I feel like crying, just at times I leak...

Irishdoll said:
I cry at least one or 2 times a week. Although, lately I haven't been able to. I've just sort of grown numb as the years have passed.

I think I've hit the "numbness" stage. There have been times lately where I probably should have been upset but all I felt was...well...nothing.

I think a person can "use up" their ability to express extreme emotions. Being upset is physically demanding as well as emotionally.

Latest posts

Back