How often do you go out?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

LonesomeLoner

I try to go out socially a few times a week, but quite often I stay in all the time. I have been dealing with anxiety so it's been tricky lately, sometimes I have to come home to my comfort zone.

I was just wondering how often you go out, do you have a routine or do you stay in a lot too? Do you ever get anxiety and have to come home again?

I don't really go out at all. I mean, I leave the house, but not to have fun or anything like that with friends and what you are likely talking about.
But, my situation doesn't really permit me to do that, hence part of why I returned to the forum. Some adult interaction is better than none, even if it is online. :)

I leave the house 2-3 times a week just to go shopping for essentials and then it's back home again.
With the advent of self service check outs I often don't even speak to shop staff either so can go weeks without speaking to anyone.
Ain't life grand.

Go out as in having fun or socializing. Maybe once every 7 or 8 months... And is mostly with family when we reunite for holidays or someone's birthday...

Back when I had something of a life:
Going out for errands/work/stuff: I forced myself to go out each day for at least a few hours, unless I was too ill.
Going out as of seeing people: three to four times per week, plus therapy/office/other things with people around
In the last 6 months I was sicker than usual, with very little acquaintances around, so it has become: socially maybe once or twice a week, errands, maybe twice a week? so I was always inside. I very much hope to change that soon. I see that the more I stay in, alone, the more social anxiety kicks in, while if I see humans most days anxiety is pretty quiet.

Now, the question is: how do you guys spend your days at home? OK maybe this is a different thread but I am really curious.

Daily. I end up socializing with someone every time I am out and about. And at work, I have to be social to some degree. At the end of the day, I hide in my room.

I work four or five days a week. The shifts are inconsistent in length, but I'm definitely out of the house most mornings. Now if we're talking social occasions, that's different. I think the last time I saw a friend was towards the end of August.

Yeah I was mainly meaning social and not work, but you can talk about work stuff too, it's human interaction after all.

I hardly ever go out. I might go out with a friend like once every other month and the rest of the time I'm at home netflix and chillin with myself. I don't even go out for like a walk at least. I should probably change that.

Socially, almost never. I have no friends, and very few family functions. An occasional holiday or birthday dinner.

As of late, not a whole lot. I get a bit of interaction in while volunteering (less so at work), but socializing as in hanging out with friends? Yeah, maybe a couple of times a month over the last few months. Hiking and wildlife viewing are my main activities and I've done that mostly solo as of late. But I meet up with a friend for the occasional outing here and there. Hoping to go to the movies later this week. Aside from that, planning to get back into sports for fun and exercise, as well as socializing. Have been out of that for the better half of a year now, so it'll be good for keeping up the workout regime and maybe making some new friends. Anybody else play sports for fun? I've been looking into local fitness clubs that have basketball and flag football meet-ups. Sound pretty fun, though not free! haha

I don't anymore except work and shopping. I tried going to a pub several times. There's no way around here to make anything happen. So I'm like f it. I'm gonna go back to EU.

About every three weeks, socially.

I go to most things alone [gigs, movies, sports events] I feel like I'm just killing time and barely enjoy anything, apart from loud well played guitars. :)

I try to get out every day.
I work 4 days a week, on the other days I either play golf, go and take photo's, go into town and buy something, walk round the park or go on a cycle ride.
I don't go out on a night socializing though.

TheRealCallie said:
I don't really go out at all. I mean, I leave the house, but not to have fun or anything like that with friends and what you are likely talking about.
But, my situation doesn't really permit me to do that, hence part of why I returned to the forum. Some adult interaction is better than none, even if it is online. :)

What exactly is your situation ?
Are you ill ?

I used to go out all the time, usually at least once a week.

Then one by one, my friends got married and/or moved away, and eventually that was it.
I didn't plan for things to turn out like this. I actually hoped to be in a relationship by now myself.
I can only hope that there's something I can still do to get on a different path.

I go out to do errands all the time. I don't have anxiety about being in public. Going out for entertainment purposes is a different thing as I don't really have anyone to go out with except one mate and my estranged wife, which I'll go with at least once a week with one or the other, if not then I'll just go on my own, if I could be bothered or can afford to. Where do I go? The local market, a theatre show, dining somewhere. Last week I discovered a local pub has a comedy night that's been on every last Wednesday of the month for the past 50 months. Everyday people can go up for 5-10 and do a "set". Nobody is professional and it's often a case of laughing at them rather than with them lol, but although I didn't go up for a set, I did come out with some great one liners that had people in stitches, so maybe I should get a routine together hahaha. As for larger social gathering with people I might know, I don't do those and do indeed suffer anxiety at them. I've even had to pass on my mate's retirement function because of the others that will be there. He's fine with that and understands my anxieties so holds nothing against me.

Latest posts

Back