How often do you watch movies ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonely_aryan

Reaction score
Hi,
I am 31 yrs old. Presently I have absolutely no friends whatsoever and don't work. I am not exactly lazy coz I do intense weight training 3 times a week but problem is I no longer want to get out of my house. I used to take really long walks but not anymore. So as you can understand I feel very bored and depressed all day except for 1-2 hrs of the day when my favorite TV shows are shown.

During this painful and suffocating period the only oxygen to me are movies. I watch all kinds of movies action, comedy, romantic, etc.

I have purchased a 21" monitor coz I can't afford a big screen TV atm so I watch movies on my PC and sometimes when I am luck I get a HD file.

If the movie is good I must say its very relaxing experience.

What about you guys ? Do movies work for you in coping with loneliness ?

As often as I can - it's something I enjoy and it allows me to sort of zone out. Unfortunately, I dont get to watch them very often.

Yeah movies can help if I am not quite feeling myself. As for the question in the topic title, I would say, a fair few. Maybe 2 per week on average.

Definitely, there's something comforting to watch a decent film.

I enjoy going to the cinema but I only go if there is something I really want to see.
I buy quite a few dvd's as well.

I think television can give people a lot of comfort, a series they like or characters in a show they admire. It's something to look forward to. I have tons of stuff on my sky plus, programs that I find interesting.

I rarely watch movies anymore unless if I'm wasting more money for digital and Blu-Ray movies.

Hardly ever. I watched my first movie in years on the weekend. Hate watching them on my own.

I used to watch movies and TV for around 10 hours a day, but I've gotten bored of it and got a little too busy to continue. Now I watch maybe 2 movies a month and an hour of TV a night. Watching Movies doesn't really help me to cope with loneliness anymore anyway.

Fairly often at home. Maybe once a month out in a cinema. It increases when I need a pick-me-up.

I used to quite often. Not so much anymore, I guess i just don't enjoy watching movies alone. But hey, if it works for you, by all means go for it. Maybe i should start watching them though, i get so bored at times.

I watch movies as often as possible. I have Netflix, and I abuse that service!

While I'm at it, best movie ever? Das Leben der Anderen (or, The Lives of Others).

Millarca said:
ladyforsaken said:
I would do it daily if I have the time and company.

Come to me! LOL! Nobody watches movies with me.

MAKE TIME NOOOOOW! :D

Oooh invitation! Where is your teleporter? I will need it if you want me to make time now. :D

I'm a bit of a film nerd. That's different from a "snob" in that I don't pontificate about what movies YOU should see. As a film nerd, I'm a lover of the cinematic process, which means I get the same thrill seeing a great acting performance as I do when I see great editing, hear a great score, see great art direction or cinematography, etc.

I will watch anything from movies in the theater, to Netflix, to films on TCM, to art house films in dinky, one-room theaters. My last vacation was to Seattle specifically to see two Cinerama movies because the history of that process amazes me and Seattle has one of only three theaters in the world that can show a Cinerama film properly. Google "Cinerama" if you're curious about a bit of cool film history. (BTW, it was a fantastic experience.)

I tend to avoid films lately if I know they will upset me, like "12 Years A Slave." It will win a few awards and get lots or press in the coming months, but I'm not ready to see what I hear is a very brutal film experience.

But I will be watching the Oscars telecast like I've done every year since I was a boy. I'm the only one I know who feels the Oscar telecast is too short. lol

I guess you could say that movies are a passion of mine. :)

Really not enough... I love to go movies, even alone. But... It would be lovely to have some company too.

Latest posts

Back