how the hell do I deal with it?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlerunawa

Reaction score
I hardly have any friends and in my not so young age of 26 I never really had a boyfriend and I suspect that that's the way it's gonna stay.
at any given time there's always some guy I really like. but with my luck it's always a one way street and it becomes more and more depressing.

I left my previous job because I couldn't take it anymore, working every day with some one you're crazy about, but knowing he hardly knows you're alive. and now it's happening again and I'm not sure my nerves can take it anymore. thinking of leaving my job again.
and of course everyone around me are in couples or married and I swear I'm not going to another wedding in my life.

I try to find the possitive sides of being alone. the freedom it gives me but it doesn't really do the job. on top of that I feel completely stuck in my life. work, gym, eat and sleep. I'm not happy, far from it but don't know what to do. want some drastic change but don't know how to get that.
considered going to live in a different country but it's no a posibility so I'm out of ideas.

It's a tough thing. It's not easy at all. I can relate.

I'm 26 also and have never had a girlfriend although i've been in "relationships"
I quit my job because it wasn't intrinsically fulfilling at all and one day decided i didn't want to deal anymore
My life consisted of going to work and coming home and maybe going to the gym if work didn't burn me out.

I felt like i was going through a mid-life crisis at the age of 25. I felt like i was simply going through the motions but nothing about it made me happy. I felt like I wasn't really in control of anything. I didn't have the feeling of pride or ownership of the things i had in my life. It's a tough rut to climb out of but its doable. It definitely sounds like there's a social component that you're missing in your life. Make the initiative to hang out with your friends more often and see if you can hang with them when they hang with their own friends to help you meet new people and network.

honeysuckle, you two should get together. :p

Anyway you're not going to get anywhere if you keep quitting your job like that, not the greatest of ideas. Part of being an adult is learning to put up with crap you don't like. Hell that's pretty much all there is to being an adult now that I think about it.

Have you tried dating sites yet?

Easier said than done...I know.

You might try letting go of those negative feelings going on inside of you.
The feelings of lack, desperations, wanting...etc.
Try not to figure it out or think too much about it...you already know all of that thinking is drving you up the wall.

You might also try changing your beliefs or try a new concept.
You're complete, whole and perfect already....
It might help you....it's helping me a lot.

I'm not saying dont take actions or not be open to love.
In a state of peace..you'll make better decisions. You'll stop reacting to life.
It'll help you become more proactive or rather respond to life instead.

Maybe you might also try a different or non traditional approch to seeking a partner.
Maybe you might try asking guys you like out??? Its alway an alternative or an option.
If you look at this differently...you might also see...you'll be more in control of your own life
and have chances of getting what you want....instead of waiting for a guy to ask you out.
Waiting for a man to ask you out is like waiting to win a lotto...no?

Theres plenty of dudes out there...just sitting, waiting and wishing Miss Right to land on their lap.....
The rersults are the same for these dudes.

you could either make a drastic change which in my experience is extremely likely to backfire on you and leave you worse off then you were to begin with, or you can rationalise how to slowly change your situation over time.

take steps. importantly, learn to be comfortable with what you have got for now, whilst steering yourself towards the things that will assist in providing further happiness. this is kind of vague, but I don't completely know your situation and it is up to you to figure out the details :) best of luck

littlerunawa said:
I hardly have any friends and in my not so young age of 26 I never really had a boyfriend and I suspect that that's the way it's gonna stay.
at any given time there's always some guy I really like. but with my luck it's always a one way street and it becomes more and more depressing.

I left my previous job because I couldn't take it anymore, working every day with some one you're crazy about, but knowing he hardly knows you're alive. and now it's happening again and I'm not sure my nerves can take it anymore. thinking of leaving my job again.
and of course everyone around me are in couples or married and I swear I'm not going to another wedding in my life.

I try to find the possitive sides of being alone. the freedom it gives me but it doesn't really do the job. on top of that I feel completely stuck in my life. work, gym, eat and sleep. I'm not happy, far from it but don't know what to do. want some drastic change but don't know how to get that.
considered going to live in a different country but it's no a posibility so I'm out of ideas.

I have noting "profound" to say right now.

Please, accept simple and honest *hug* ...

くりすとふ

At the risk of sounding defeated and irresponsible, after visiting more shrinks and therapists than a phone book.
I find peace and solace in alcohol and select drugs. A numbing combo.

With any luck I will drift away one day or get so fed up that any inhibition from suicide will subside and I will eat a 9mm hollowpoint.

Latest posts

Back