How To Deal With This Problem

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there are salt and vinegar or pepper shakers there, maybe you could unscrew the caps of them and gently balance them back on, so whenever someone tries to use them, they ruin their food.

AFrozenSoul said:
I would just not shower... except I have a 4.5 hour plane trip to the are where the wedding is being held. I just cannot bring myself to be that jerk on the plane.

It seems a lot like you wanna avoid all this but then you feel like a jerk or you feel bad or it's your sister's wedding.

You know what, it's going to be 3 days, right? Maybe from now until then, you mentally psyche yourself out to face the people, you don't have to talk a lot if you don't want to. Just seem quiet, answer short answers and people will move along. Put on deaf ears if they talk rubbish you don't want to hear and just imagine funny stuff of the people around you and keep your mind occupied. Kinda a win-win situation, unless you really don't want contact, then just sit in a corner, until you have no choice by being pulled out by a family member.

Whether you like it or not, you know you're going to go through this anyway. So you can't really run away from it. They always say the best way out, is always through it. Besides, who knows, you might learn something funny or crazy about something or someone or some people or you might see some exciting stuff or maybe not and find it uber boring but then it'd still be an experience you can't get with anyone else. And since you can't run away from it, might as well make it fun or worthwhile for you, in your way. You're not tied in chains to your relatives or family at the wedding, at least.

painter said:
If there are salt and vinegar or pepper shakers there, maybe you could unscrew the caps of them and gently balance them back on, so whenever someone tries to use them, they ruin their food.
Problem with this idea is I cannot laugh... plus I am likely going to be seated with the family... ~shudder~... so it would not be as funny.

ladyforsaken said:
It seems a lot like you wanna avoid all this but then you feel like a jerk or you feel bad or it's your sister's wedding.

You know what, it's going to be 3 days, right? Maybe from now until then, you mentally psyche yourself out to face the people, you don't have to talk a lot if you don't want to. Just seem quiet, answer short answers and people will move along. Put on deaf ears if they talk rubbish you don't want to hear and just imagine funny stuff of the people around you and keep your mind occupied. Kinda a win-win situation, unless you really don't want contact, then just sit in a corner, until you have no choice by being pulled out by a family member.

Whether you like it or not, you know you're going to go through this anyway. So you can't really run away from it. They always say the best way out, is always through it. Besides, who knows, you might learn something funny or crazy about something or someone or some people or you might see some exciting stuff or maybe not and find it uber boring but then it'd still be an experience you can't get with anyone else. And since you can't run away from it, might as well make it fun or worthwhile for you, in your way. You're not tied in chains to your relatives or family at the wedding, at least.
So my usual approach... unintelligible answers to random people pretend like I am listening... hmm but it is hard to pretend when I am killing time playing video games.

Then play your games all you want and not pretend. Who says you can't do that? It's up to you, really. As I said, alternatively, you could sit in a corner (play your games by yourself) until someone pulls you out and you're forced to do your pretense or whatever else that you do to put up with communicating with people there.

ladyforsaken said:
Then play your games all you want and not pretend. Who says you can't do that? It's up to you, really. As I said, alternatively, you could sit in a corner (play your games by yourself) until someone pulls you out and you're forced to do your pretense or whatever else that you do to put up with communicating with people there.
Yeah I just need to accept that no matter what I do life is going to suck so I might as well make the portion that sucks more suck less.

Latest posts

Back