How to eat in college?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

In high school I skip the masses and just eat breakfast at home fast for 8 hours then eat at home.

C O L L E G E

No! Now I have to face a huge crowd again and then look awkward taking junk out the cafeteria. I could go off campus, only to overpay or get overgreased...

Thoughts on college experience and so forth?

Bah.. Must eat protein. Protein gives "full" feeling...
So what exactly do/did you do in college to eat?

Not sure if it's eating in public that's the concern or the health of what you're eating. If it's about the food you're eating then prepare your food in advance at home but if you have a fear of eating in public then you have to know that it's ok to eat alone in public once in a while but you should get used to it so you can learn to feel comfortable enough with yourself to feel relaxed around others and to not care what others think of you and then over time, it will build your confidence enough to approach someone to ask them if you can sit with them.

I'm not sure about grocery stores, I'm not in college yet. My future college is also kind of urban (high prices I'd assume..)

Hmm.. Do colleges let you take trays into your dorm? Even if they did, thats almost as weird as eating alone in the cafeteria.. but better.

What is the problem with the college food, it it's not good you can eat outside, or take something with you.

Guest said:
So how did you eat during college

Guest, I walk in the room, find a seat and eat my lunch. I don't like to eat there but I don't either like to starve.:)

Aww:( How many fellow loners are there in the cafeteria? PS, do they sell "grabbables"?

Haha - you silly goober! It's college, just go eat. Take a book/magazine/laptop with you, grab yourself some munchies, sit your butt down, and go at it. Eating alone isn't a big deal, and it is definately not a source of stress! Enjoy the experience. If you are really worried about looking/feeling awkward, bring something to occupy yourself. Not only will you be enjoying a delicious meal, but you can also get some work done or catch up on your favorite novel.

Besides, who knows who you might run into while you are eating. I've had the best conversations with random strangers I have met while eating. Just don't be afraid to put yourself out there. :)

But I've given up on socializing and just want peace time with myself forever and ever and ever. jk. I guess I'll figure it out when it's time..

I guess I'll figure it out when it's time..

Exactly... it will all snap together, but in the meantime, don't stress out and enjoy the process! One day you will look back with a huge goofy smile at the fact that you ever worried about something so small. For now, though, whatever you do - don't run and hide. Cutie, there really is nothing to be afraid of.

So go ahead and go down to the cafeteria. Stop thinking about it as "eating alone" - you're not eating alone! You are eating with yourself. (Trust me, there is a big difference!) You are completely lovable, why would you not want to spend some time with yourself? Enjoy it. :)

Latest posts

Back