How to get girls attracted?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prodigy said:
The best way to get girls attracted is to not look for a girlfriend and to spend time pursuing your hobbies/interests/goals/self-improvement instead.
As a girl myself, I find myself attracted to guys who are busy pursuing their goals/hobbies/passions and are living their life to the fullest every day.
Girls are attracted to passionate guys, guys who are too busy pursuing their passions/goals in life that they didn't have any time to think about girls.

My passion required to stay at home. Checkmate.

Prodigy said:
The best way to get girls attracted is to not look for a girlfriend and to spend time pursuing your hobbies/interests/goals/self-improvement instead.
As a girl myself, I find myself attracted to guys who are busy pursuing their goals/hobbies/passions and are living their life to the fullest every day.
Girls are attracted to passionate guys, guys who are too busy pursuing their passions/goals in life that they didn't have any time to think about girls.

"We like men with ambition and status".

You probably can't relate to this given that all you have to do is wait around for the right guy to appear, but men generally don't get asked out. Men need to be actively looking, or else end up alone.

ardour said:
... "we like ambition and status".

You probably don't can't relate to this,  but the problem is that no-one's going to ask a man out. That means men need to be actively looking, while still maintaining an impression of not looking 'too hard', as well as having a busy life full of interests and goals.

Wrong.

Xpendable said:
Prodigy said:

My passion required to stay at home. Checkmate.

Eh, what is to stop you from doing gigs?

TheRealCallie said:
ardour said:

You probably don't can't relate to this,  but the problem is that no-one's going to ask a man out. That means men need to be actively looking, while still maintaining an impression of not looking 'too hard', as well as having a busy life full of interests and goals.

Wrong.
I asked a man out a couple of days ago.  He declined, I believe to the event he was invited to with me rather than my company.  I hope so at least.

TheRealCallie said:
ardour said:

Wrong.

Wrong if you're one of the minority of men considered attractive enough.

The only reason any women have asked me "out" is when they are bored and want just a company to spend some time. I the fool initially felt this could be something different and fell in love. Of course one-sided stuff.

As for pursuing goals/hobbies, etc. Some of the hobbies I have are quite nerdy and almost nodoby can relate to this. But also no-one is attracted to the hobby of wandering in nature. As for bigger goals, I am not a careerist, and why should I be. Why isn't having a stable job good enough?

Well, I'm probably the worst person to give advice in this forum, but I say... don't do anything and just let it happen naturally; leave it all to luck.

AnonymousMe said:
Well, I'm probably the worst person to give advice in this forum, but I say... don't do anything and just let it happen naturally; leave it all to luck.

Worst person to give advice? I say that sounds like a pretty good advice though.  :D

I can't speak for myself, but looking at other people things indeed happen to them "naturally", and whenever I ask someone, how did he/she find a partner, they just shrug shoulders and roughly say "just somehow naturally happened".

ardour said:
TheRealCallie said:
ardour said:

Wrong.

Wrong if you're one of the minority of men considered attractive enough.

I have asked SEVERAL men out and they wouldn't be the guys that are typically considered good looking. At least I assume that is what you mean by "attractive" :rolleyes: 

More women than you think ask men out.  Just because you may not have seen it and refuse to believe it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

"We like men with ambition and status"
Blanket statement.

It's a vast planet. I know girls who only date fat guys over 50. I know others that only date people who don't have money or own homes. Because it turns them into "Evil People".

It's a big planet out there. There's fun for the whole family. ;-)

Just a quick little thing, on the "hobbies" business; friend of mine played on an online message board of role-playing for Star Trek. It was pretty heavy, too; they had characters, ranks, detailed descriptions, vacation plans, you name it. I was invited once and was so blown at the complexity, I couldn't join lol. I take it that'S PRETTY nerdy.

Well, a friend of mine was a captain on it. Met his wife on there. He is from Canada, she was from Alabama I believe. They talked, saw each other, fell in love a few times, he "imported" her and she lives here. They got four kids. Very much in love too. Going on what, 10 years now I think?

So, nobody can relate? Someone can ALWAYS relate lol.

Richard_39 said:
It's a vast planet. I know girls who only date fat guys over 50.

Just out of interest, why do they do so? Is it money or... they are so amazed of their personalities, or there is something else?

SilentLife said:
Richard_39 said:

Just out of interest, why do they do so? Is it money or... they are so amazed of their personalities, or there is something else?

I know several girls who date older men who aren't in the best of shape.  Looks aren't everything, neither is age.  Personality counts more than looks in the long run.

SilentLife said:
Richard_39 said:

A bit like Callie, says, who knows? I don't keep close tabs lol. But for a variety of reasons. In fact, more often than not, I see a very beautiful young lady with what I can only describe as an old rich pervert (without knowing them of course lol)....but considering their walking hand in hand, it's obvious its not JUST for the money or anything and there's genuine feeling there.
Like the old expression says, "different strokes for different folks". Maybe they're looking for their fathers, maybe they like someone who's more mature, maybe flab or skinny turns them on, maybe love handle are cool...
maybe maybe maybe....lol
Point is, variety exist. And it's BIG. I plan on finding a girlfriend 20 years younger than me so that when I'm 90 I'll have someone who's 70 to watch over me, change my diapers and not beat me up, so that I don't die alone when all my friends are gone LOL ;-)

Ok, good to know. Then there is still hope for me. Just have to wait till getting 50 and will go looking for girls, lol.

SilentLife said:
Ok, good to know. Then there is still hope for me. Just have to wait till getting 50 and will go looking for girls, lol.

LOL That's my plan ;-)

Actually, I don't actively search. Just waiting for one that wants me to drop on my lap. If that never comes, so be it, I'll start grumbling and being that annoying old geezer that whines about prices at Wallmart ;-)

Every time someone states anecdotal evidence you have to take a shot of tequila.

Richard_39

I plan on finding a girlfriend 20 years younger than me so that when I'm 90 I'll have someone who's 70 to watch over me, change my diapers and not beat me up, so that I don't die alone when all my friends are gone

Smart choice. And a good idea. I would have a partner (if I had to), who takes interest in me, who could make me delicious food  :p , and take care of the house while I am at work, a hard worker and since we follow a joined family system, a woman who could take care of my parents along with me, when they grew old. A nice and simple family.

M_also_lonely said:
Richard_39

I plan on finding a girlfriend 20 years younger than me so that when I'm 90 I'll have someone who's 70 to watch over me, change my diapers and not beat me up, so that I don't die alone when all my friends are gone

Smart choice. And a good idea. I would have a partner (if I had to), who takes interest in me, who could make me delicious food  :p , and take care of the house while I am at work, a hard worker and since we follow a joined family system, a woman who could take care of my parents along with me, when they grew old. A nice and simple family.

Actually, it's a lot more selfish in my case. I don't want someone to "clean up" or that "typical housewife" trope. I'm a progressist, and I entirely agree with women's liberation going on for 60+ years in that a woman is her own master and can do whatever she wants.
What I want is someone to take care of ME lol. I don't know how it is where you live, but here, we keep hearing horror stories of how old people are manhandled in retirement homes all the time. I don't want to get beaten to a pulp when I'm 90 and impotent. So, having someone younger to take care of ME when I get that age...now it looks big. I'll be 40 in 2 years, say I find a girlfriend who's 20 then, I'll look like an old dirty ******* lol. Thing is, when I'm 90, she'll be 70...which to me is ideal.

Plus, there's my own personal fear, of being lonely, as well as dying alone. That terrifies me. When I'm that old, I don't want to be the last one there and all my friends are gone, with my kids visiting once a month. I don't want to die alone and miserable, so having someone younger (if I'm lucky and she doesn't develop health problems) will solve that.
Pretty selfish when you think about it, but there it is.
But I don't need my needs catered to. I'm actually the cook in the house, I find I'm usually disatissfied with someone else cleaning so I end up doing it anyway lol, it's my job to take care of my parents when they're old and I wouldn't ask someone else to do it, and well, since she'll be younger and I'll probably be very very limpy by the time I hit 60 or 70...she can go around dating younger men. I'm fine with that.

To me it's not about a typical "family". That doesn't really exist anymore. It existed a century ago maybe, but times have changed. I just want someone to be with me when I'm old. ;-)

Latest posts

Back