How to get girls attracted?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard_39 said:
They're trying to bring "the good old days back". I don't know about you, but I'm not all that keen on minority lynchings....
Oh boy, now that's some wholesome entertainment. Remember to bring the kids!
Well, we certainly do disagree on some matters, but that's what makes it interesting, right? :)

Richard_39 said:
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times. "
That one made me chuckle. I used to think that too. But Staline was a hard man. So was Hitler. So was Napoleon. Saddam Hussein. Ben Laden. Donald Trump (apparently because he has cash, he has as much courage as my left nut).
Don't feel like they created good times. Just more dead people we didn't know about because we didn't have the internet back then. But anyway, that's my view of it. I don't hold the Holy Grail of truth and wisdom, so who knows.
I've seen that copy-pasted thousands of times, so it was a bit of "tongue in cheek" on my part. :)
Still, that's quite an interesting topic.

Hitler may be one the most hated people to ever live, but he took a crippled, broken nation and turned it into a super power. He did eventually prove to be an insane, genocidal megalomaniac, and is certainly not someone to admire, but despite losing the war Germany is still one of the Europe's strongest countries. We're not even thinking about it, 'cause we take it for granted, but great many things we're toying with today, especially when it comes to technology, machines, medicine and biology only exist because of WW2. It is a matter of perspective.

Stalin was just a psycho, with no real redeeming qualities.

Napoleonic Code was a basis of many administrative and judicial traditions in the West. Crippled French economy was one of the leading causes of the French Revolution, and Napoleon's reforms turned it around in about a year. Religious freedoms, promotion of equality, abolishment of slavery and freedom to serfs. Yeah, definitely a terrible human being.

Bin Laden, Trump and Hussein are all recent, considering we're supposed to be super awesome great right now, if we assume that all those people were the products of their times, I'd say that's a point AGAINST current times.

X-1 Alpha said:
Bin Laden, Trump and Hussein are all recent, considering we're supposed to be super awesome great right now, if we assume that all those people were the products of their times, I'd say that's a point AGAINST current times.

Ahhh, but wait, the statement said Hard men create good times, not Good or bad times CREATE hard men. Which way is it? ;-)
(EDIT: rereading myself, I realize I'm an idiot and didn't get the statement correctly. Oh well LOL. I don't think it changes my point that much anyhow. My PM is still an a rich ******* :) )
I don't know, everyone has redeeming qualities in life, I'm sure Hitler's mother loved him, but the notion of "great men" and "good times" to me is incongruous. I remember a part I liked in the tv show Firefly where Mal states, and I adopted that view of it "It's my estimation any man's ever had a statue of himself was one son of a b* or other". While those recent dudes wouldn't get one here, I'm sure somewhere on Earth some people want them to have one. I just think that when you're responsible for suffering or deaths, no matter how great you're supposedly be, you're still an ahole ;-)
I'd rather be a weak man than a strong one makes trouble for others, honestly. Cardinal Richelieu might have been the founder of the modern Secret Service, but how many poor Parisians died at the time under his "rule" (which was really the king's, but he held the reins"? How many peeps imprisoned shouldn't have been?
It is an interesting discussion indeed, but in the end, for me, bottom line is you try to be the best person you can. Stepping on others doesn't really make one great. My experience, you're liable to get shot at instead ;-)

Back to the topic at hand however, which we've strayed wildly off of I think LOL, society is what it is, because of all of us. The women and men living today might behave differently, be different, have different garbage in their heads than the garbage that was there 80 years ago, but in the end, we all still like each other for the same reasons Adam and Eve probably did; cute, intelligent, nice gent and has a long wee-w...I mean a big personality ;-)

To stay on topic, I thought German women adored Hitler. :p

The same applies to other big historic leaders by the way.

In any case, in no way I would try to put any of the dictators (past or present) on a pedestal. They are/were all narcissistic egomaniacs. But this means they had the strength to dominate and kill, because never ever they felt like worrying about humanity or human values.

Sadly though in tough times these "qualities" are sympathetic to plenty of people, because "tough guys" look like can get the job done, when the economy is down or whatever. So they get support to reach power.

Oh, and they certainly had no problem finding women, to finally stay on topic. LOL.

After reading all 7 pages, I am not sure If I want to answer on the original topic or the new topic hahaha. seriously though. I find that confidence can Lead to the dark side of the force lol. I knew guy who had a ton of confidence and new it and could get any woman he wanted. and he did. a lot. But he didn't care about people, and he didn't respect women. He was just selfish and a jerk. and I am ashamed to say I wanted to be like him and get any girl and be confident when I was younger. Because I was always the one who was shy and barely had the courage to talk to a woman, let alone ask a girl out. But looking back over the years. even though I am Single now and have been for a few years, mostly because of my own choosing. I have to say That Shyness can be a confidence as well. I find that the Woman I ended up loving the most. Wasn't the one I had confidence with. I learned it doesnt really matter if your confident or not. Being yourself. is the most important aspect of it all. and having the courage to either 1 strike up a conversation. ( i lack that skill) or 2 just asking if they have a bf. and going from there. and being scared the whole time. the one woman who matters Isn't going to care how scared you are, or how nerdy or rich you are. because she will probably have just as many quirks as you. just different. but that won't matter because you'll both fall inlove for that very reason. I lost that I let the ONE slip away, and I was a fool, and I was also young.

But I also have been with women who were like my High school buddy. fact is your going ot get some thorns before you find that Rose. You just have to have the courage to approach them. Confidence in my opinion can also give wrong impressions. especially if you dated some of the women I have who have been Hurt by guys who were "confident", it just a term I think to get passed around to thinking they need some special skill to get a woman. (or for the women to get a man) really if a woman is looking for confidence in someone, then their own standards are high and they are looking for a certian type, whether it be rich guy or a posterboy for the next fire fighter calender or something or what ever their into. To many people are worried about physical attraction more than any other attraction. Granted we all have to have a level of physical attraction to someone. but all to often people put to much attention to just that. when really when your old and grey headed and all wrinkled up, you aint gonna be that model when you was at age 20. To many missed connections happen because of it. How many times do you hear about a woman who wants a nice guy but always goes for the jocks who treat her like Crap. and then complain because she passed up on a nice guy who might not be as attractive as that Jock, but Would treat her like a queen if she let him. and the rolls are the same for guys as well. I'm guilty of it myself.

Really sometimes we set our standards to high and we miss the opportunities to really love someone who is going to love us. because we are to worried about someones appearance or if they are confident. Just have courage. courage isn't confidents, it's being scared as hell and doing it anyway.

Sorry for the long post. and I didn't mean to imply that anyone on here is by any means not genuine or anything negitive. I just speaking of my own experience.

I still say a magnet is easier.
They all have cellphones now with metallic parts, works like a charm.

X-1 Alpha said:
Richard_39 said:
I still say a magnet is easier.
They all have cellphones now with metallic parts, works like a charm.
Knowing my luck, in the best case scenario I'd attract a garbage can.

But at least you'd get confirmation; you're attractive to something.

;-)

Rarely can anyone be persuaded into wanting something they don't already want. If a woman isn't initially attracted to a man and it looks like he may want something, she'll usually do her best to avoid him. It doesn't matter what you do at that stage.

You don't make women attracted to you, you find someone who isn't repulsed by you, assuming they exist.

... improving your looks is probably going to be the best way to increase the chances of that http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2014/07/one-reads-the-words-on-your-dating-profile.html

X-1 Alpha said:
That depends on how we are defining current times. Let's put this in perspective: A few centuries ago it was common for a war in Europe to cost the lives of 30% of those living in the countries involved. Famines also killed people in percentages that would make WW2 seem mild by comparison. Some estimates for the Iraq War put the causalities at 500,000 for Iraqi civilians, hardly at all comparable in terms of percentages. Point is, that while it may not feel like it and while there are plenty of ominous things happening in the world right now, in terms of percentages at least, the world is more peaceful than it's ever been. You are more likely to die from suicide than from murder for the first time in history.

owmygod said:
The thread subject says it all. How to do that? I'm trying currently with different girls and sometimes work through conversation sometimes not , but i want to get more success in meeting girls and dating them. Maybe some of your stories would help.

Read for example*link removed - displays nudity*, great guide that explain in details exactly what you are asking for, with various examples...

isn't PUA stuff for guys that just want sex? I read one of those about Brazilian chicks specifically, and with that "guide" they'd only get gold diggers and whores.

There're many shades of gold digging and whoring. And women go right between every extreme of the spectrum, from 0% to 100%. But it will be naive to think that a PUA technique can't work with both a whore and a saint.

Xpendable said:
There're many shades of gold digging and whoring. And women go right between every extreme of the spectrum, from 0% to 100%. But it will be naive to think that a PUA technique can't work with both a whore and a saint.

"...many shades of gold digging and whoring..." - good one and 00% truth :)

smarty24 said:
Xpendable said:

"...many shades of gold digging and whoring..." - good one and 00% truth :)

Seeing people with absolutes won't get you anywhere.

Maybe I'm very naive, but sometimes I do doubt those advices would work on chiller people. A "Saint" wouldn't even go to the same places as a "whore"... idk, I'm not convinced.

Latest posts

Back