How to get girls attracted?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well regardless of that, it'll be my job to take care of her as best I can and make sure she recovers. I'll just be **** pissed off if I croak midway in and I'll curse the Heavens even more than I already do for it to scrap my carefully laid out, selfish plans LOL.
I said that's a plan. I find that life has a way to toss your plans through the window ;-)
Need I mention, the number one reason (yes, it'd be cool if it happens like I laid it out, but it's not an obligation) would be love. I would NOT date someone simply out of practical interest, there needs to be something.
It just be nice if that something included all of that ;-)

Nota Bene, I'm a pathetic caretaker lol. "You'll be fine, stop mopping around!" and all that :)
I'm much more of a stoic in life. And I find myself pushing others to be just that. My kids love/hate me for it all the time ;-)

Richard_39 said:
Actually, it's a lot more selfish in my case. I don't want someone to "clean up" or that "typical housewife" trope. I'm a progressist, and I entirely agree with women's liberation going on for 60+ years in that a woman is her own master and can do whatever she wants.

Same here. That's why a woman who doesn't want to clean up or be that typical housewife, is liberated to not marry me. I don't mean that anyone I like should agree to do that. I mean that if a woman is ready to do that out of her own wish, then she is eligible. Otherwise she is a strong independent woman and can choose among millions of other men instead of me or stay single, her choice. 

What I want is someone to take care of ME lol.  

I think one should keep in mind that there should be no hurry in getting married. If you have a partner and are worried about your age and thus get married in a hurry without understanding the person thoroughly, it can create problems. 
That's why I don't see attraction as the only factor for successful relationships. If she loves you truly, she will take care of you.

I don't know how it is where you live, but here, we keep hearing horror stories of how old people are manhandled in retirement homes all the time.   
Its different. People often suggest me the western ways to deal with my problems. That doesn't work for me. Speaking of retirement homes, I think there are some of them here, but not as many. But yes, women often beat husband's grandparents, oh come on I am from a place, which is known for its false dowry cases. Where a whole family is put behind bars if a woman files a dowry case. 
But yes, a joined family is usually preferred.

I don't want to get beaten to a pulp when I'm 90 and impotent. So, having someone younger to take care of ME when I get that age...now it looks big. I'll be 40 in 2 years, say I find a girlfriend who's 20 then, I'll look like an old dirty ******* lol. Thing is, when I'm 90, she'll be 70...which to me is ideal.  
Then take time to know your partner as deeply as possible. Marriage is not a goal, or an achievement. If marriage happens, then ok, but its not a basic human necessity. 

Plus, there's my own personal fear, of being lonely, as well as dying alone. That terrifies me. When I'm that old, I don't want to be the last one there and all my friends are gone, with my kids visiting once a month. I don't want to die alone and miserable, so having someone younger (if I'm lucky and she doesn't develop health problems) will solve that.
Pretty selfish when you think about it, but there it is.

I know, I used to think too that if I died first, then I won't have to live with the fact that someone of us is gone. But now I don't feel that anymore. 

she can go around dating younger men. I'm fine with that.

Lol....    that's ....... that's.......       nevermind.

To me it's not about a typical "family". That doesn't really exist anymore. It existed a century ago maybe, but times have changed. I just want someone to be with me when I'm old. ;-)  

Keep looking, you will find someone. I have passed that desire. I am not really in need of someone anymore. IF someone comes, then fine, but I can live without it. 

Richard_39 said:
since she'll be younger and I'll probably be very very limpy by the time I hit 60 or 70...she can go around dating younger men. I'm fine with that.

To me it's not about a typical "family". That doesn't really exist anymore. It existed a century ago maybe, but times have changed. I just want someone to be with me when I'm old. ;-)

That's very-very open-minded thinking. :p Unconditional love and letting her do, what she wants...

But... once she starts dating younger men, why do you think she could be attracted to take care of you at old age? Be with other men and still be with you too?

By the way. I think if you are 90, then I guess your daughters can change your diapers if you really need that and if they really love their dad!

SilentLife said:
But... once she starts dating younger men, why do you think she could be attracted to take care of you at old age? Be with other men and still be with you too?
I guess a person with an open mind won't care if his wife dates younger men when he is old right? So it shouldn't matter if she is not with him then... should it?

SilentLife said:
Richard_39 said:
since she'll be younger and I'll probably be very very limpy by the time I hit 60 or 70...she can go around dating younger men. I'm fine with that.

That's very-very open-minded thinking. :p Unconditional love and letting her do, what she wants...

By the way. I think if you are 90, then I guess your daughters can change your diapers if you really need that and if they really love their dad!

No idea. I was counting on my charming personality :) :) :) lol. But whatever, if it fails, it fails lol. I'll just have to wait and see. And hope I chose the right person. Hell, it's not that hard, look at Sean Connery and Micheline, that's exactly what's happening, I want that, dammit! I already had to abandon being James Bond, I can at least croak like him! ;-)

LOL Just because I changed theirs doesn't mean they have to change mine ;-)

Besides which, from experience, there's always a fight between siblings in there somewhere. I keep talking to people who fight around the "old grandpa" and I'll be damned if I'll be one of those. It's either going to be a spouse who's younger, willing and able, or it's going to be a (hopefully) very rich and well made retirement place where they take good care, because my daughters made a fortune and put me in the best place money can buy.
But I'm not counting much on that second one LOL. Who knows.

I can't answer for any other women - only myself.
Be kind to me. That really is all it takes to catch my interest.

kamya said:
17123251389_bed3c3a1ba_b.jpg

=p

:p Kamya be gettin' hit on by the lovely ladies who are all about the Benjamin's?

TheRealCallie said:
EveWasFramed said:
I can't answer for any other women - only myself.
Be kind to me. That really is all it takes to catch my interest.

*Is kind to Eve* ;)

*bats eyelashes*  :shy: Lololol

Richard_39 said:
*is kind to Eve and Callie*

*the rest of the world can go hump a boat*

;-)

A boat? For the love of biscuits and mustard, why a BOAT???
Lolololol  :p

I prefer to buy a RealDoll for me than waste time with 99% of the modern women.

Our grandparents' time (before 1960) was a better time. People used to live in a less sick society with better morals and decent folks.

Now, what matters most? Money, sex, consumerism, hypocrisy, deception etc.

Harker said:
Our grandparents' time (before 1960) was a better time. People used to live in a less sick society with better morals and decent folks.

It is a vastly different topic, but very interesting nonetheless. :p

Personally I am not sure pre-1960 was really better, probably actually worse in several ways. Remember, we had two world wars. So societies were pretty sick already back then, just in different ways. Also levels of medicine and hygiene were worse, which I am personally pretty concerned about.

But in some ways people were different back then. Because objectively everyday life was tougher. You had to work harder and didn't have time for all kind of BS. In some ways modern life is 'too comfortable'. Potentially it would be a good thing, but the sad part is the effect it has had on people's mindset. People take everything for granted and don't grasp the human history very well.

I'm of the opinion that this is a question that not only has no definitive answers, but said answers should never be pursued in the first place. They WILL break you.

Back then, wasn't necessarily considered a bad thing to beat up your wife. Just sayin'.
Not a place I'd want to go to.

Only thing good about those days, though, is that the % of income versus cost of life was significantly lower.
My grandfather worked and got paid about 50 dollars a month. His rent for a 7 1/2 for him and his six kids at the time cost him 5 a month.
Today I get 700 every 2 weeks and my rent costs me 650 a month. Do the math ;-)

Harker said:
I prefer to buy a RealDoll for me than waste time with 99% of the modern women.

I'm inclined to agree. There is of course an argument to be made that the progress of technology and in effect, a widespread use of internet/drones/camera's etc. simply allowed us to bring bad stuff into light, where it would be possible to hide it before ... but I still firmly believe that we're simply becoming more and more decadent as a society. We're obsessed with pleasure, sex, money and popularity. Deception, lies and false are rampant, everything's fair; whatever gets you ahead in life, just one more step up the ladder. Disgusting.
Like George Carlin once said: "Too many choices, America. It's not healthy".

SilentLife said:
It is a vastly different topic, but very interesting nonetheless. :p

Personally I am not sure pre-1960 was really better, probably actually worse in several ways. Remember, we had two world wars. So societies were pretty sick already back then, just in different ways. Also levels of medicine and hygiene were worse, which I am personally pretty concerned about.

But in some ways people were different back then. Because objectively everyday life was tougher. You had to work harder and didn't have time for all kind of BS. In some ways modern life is 'too comfortable'. Potentially it would be a good thing, but the sad part is the effect it has had on people's mindset. People take everything for granted and don't grasp the human history very well.

I will dispute the sickness of society. Politics of a handful of men did plunge whole nations into war, but I don't think that most of the common folk were deeply involved in the world's economy and politics. Did a common southern farmer gave two shits about the living conditions in naziland? Was he responsible for poverty in Russia? Highly doubt it, but I bet he was one of the GI's on the frontlines, fighting because a couple of old guys in the government told him it was the right thing to do. Regular people were busy living their own lives until the chosen few decided to mess with them.

Medicine? Technology? You're aware that such a quick progress was ONLY possible because of the science programs, inhuman experiments and attrocities carried out throughout those big, bad wars?

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times.

X-1 Alpha said:
I will dispute the sickness of society.

It's true though that the levels of tolerance were lower back in the day, as also Richard mentioned in his post. Minority groups and anyone "different" could be harshly treated. That's how we got all those wars after all.

I'm not saying it was perfect. No time in history was. Humans are too flawed to ever let it happen.

But is a world today so much better than it was in the past? We're supposedly so much more tolerant now, more liberated, educated, more aware and empathetic. But did you take a good look around recently?
Society back then was quite harsh indeed, but tell me, is the englightened population of today less cold and insensitive?

We're not making progress; we like to think that as a species we're doing better than ever before. We're not. We're just changing names, colors and symbols, but we're just switching one issue for another. We've changed patriarchy for a matriarchy. We value freedom of speech yet try to silence everyone who doesn't agree with us. We've exchanged the mistreatment of minorities into mistreatment of white popele. Democracy is the best, until someone votes for a person I don't like.
We're still the same, we've learned nothing. We're savages pretending to be civilized.

History WILL repeat itself.

(Also, I'm dramatic as all hell. Guess that's enough of the internet for today)

SilentLife said:
X-1 Alpha said:
I will dispute the sickness of society.

It's true though that the levels of tolerance were lower back in the day, as also Richard mentioned in his post. Minority groups and anyone "different" could be harshly treated. That's how we got all those wars after all.

We can see an entire argument about that in the US right now. They're trying to bring "the good old days back". I don't know about you, but I'm not all that keen on minority lynchings....
I don't think it was, at all, better back then. I'm thinking we're made to believe that and those saying it was better "back then" are hiding their responsibility in making "today" feel worse than "back then".

"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times. "
That one made me chuckle. I used to think that too. But Staline was a hard man. So was Hitler. So was Napoleon. Saddam Hussein. Ben Laden. Donald Trump (apparently because he has cash, he has as much courage as my left nut).
Don't feel like they created good times. Just more dead people we didn't know about because we didn't have the internet back then. But anyway, that's my view of it. I don't hold the Holy Grail of truth and wisdom, so who knows.

Human nature is what it is, and has always been.

However, if you asked me, I prefer to live in modern era, because well - for me it is more comfortable and better due to practical reason. I don't choose so because of humans. I would never choose any era based on what humans are like, because IMHO human nature is naturally flawed anyway, and there are examples of it throughout history.

Latest posts

Back