How to help a “push over”?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Yep! But, to be fair, I think many / most women and men think the grass is greener on the other side. I admit I've done that myself. After I'm in a relationship with someone I start thinking, I wish she was ....... or had a better ...... or whatever. Then I start noticing other women with those qualities. There are so many choices for everything nowadays. Hell, go down the isles in a grocery store. One used to just have five basic choices for cereal. Now there's like 40 or so.
I swearrrr sometimes I do it for him, like a close friend of mine is like more outgoing than me and I think ugh he probably should have picked her they both agree on everything and like all the same honeysuckle 😂😂

Agreeableness, IMO, isn't a character flaw, it's a character trait. Overly confident, have-to-be-center-of-everything types are pretty ******* annoying and tend to make the world quite miserable.

I get the attraction; but, beyond fantasy, there's more to life than just kicking ass and taking names 24/7. And if there wasn't, that'd be a pretty fresia all miserable world (which happens to be case, as of now, in many respects.)

Agreeableness, IMO, isn't a character flaw, it's a character trait. Overly confident, have-to-be-center-of-everything types are pretty ******* annoying and tend to make the world quite miserable.

I get the attraction; but, beyond fantasy, there's more to life than just kicking ass and taking names 24/7. And if there wasn't, that'd be a pretty fresia all miserable world (which happens to be case, as of now, in many respects.)
Like I dont think the situation called for violence but I also think it must be sad to never feel able to stand up for yourself or ever say no… I imagine that would be an awful existence 😔 we did “assertiveness” in group therapy and I think as uncomfortable as it made me, its important to be able to be assertive, not a bully but also no ones victim.

Like I dont think the situation called for violence but I also think it must be sad to never feel able to stand up for yourself or ever say no… I imagine that would be an awful existence 😔 we did “assertiveness” in group therapy and I think as uncomfortable as it made me, its important to be able to be assertive, not a bully but also no ones victim.
Well, it's an interesting concept, really. It's probably an issue of balance. Too much assertiveness and you become aggressive and bullish (a common theme, as of today, in my experience of the world). Too little assertiveness, people will walk all over you, day and night, to a point where it becomes intolerable.

I think, though, a tree is a tree; to expect it to sprout legs and arms, is a stretch. In my experience, which most likely doesn't count for much, it may be much more useful, to take advantage of the nature at hand, rather than to fortify against it for finding of a weakness therein.

Rather than say to the tree that bears no edible fruit, 'you are useless for food stuffs, I shall cut you down.' One could say,'you are useful for shade, I shall sit beneath you and read literature.'

There are certain people, who will never need a lesson in how to say no; and perhaps, could use a lesson in how to say, 'yes,' once in awhile. And the inverse is true. But from my experience, we often expect of ourselves, by way of comparison, what is not possible, and waste enormous amounts of energy trying to change things, that, with little energy, we could examine, and try to find the best uses for those particular natures.

The strength of some one who is agreeable, is their ability to compromise.
The strength of some one who is aggressive, is their unwillingness to compromise.

And to my dismay, both of those traits, have their proper place, at different times...
And both of those traits have circumstances where they will wreak havoc...

Latest posts

Back