How to save money.....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azariah

Reaction score
so im trynna save $10,000 dollars in my savings. i think thats more than enough for one person. and im having a hard time because im a compulsive buyer of honeysuckle that i dont need. i've thought about getting a second job once im not under house arrest.

im looking for any helpful advise on how to save more $$$. especially how to resist spending money on honeysuckle i dont need.

Hmm im the money queen! The tips are

1. have different bank accounts
2. Having a savings account
3.budget for random stuff (a max amount you will waste on things)
4. Have a base level you will let your main account get to.
5. Have a goal… of how long you wanna take.

10,000 / 24 months = £417 a month 😇 that should be easy peasy for the average person.

thanks! $10,000 for my savings first. And then $5,000 for my checking. thats all i need to feel secure. i dont need to be a millionaire. $10,000 to feel financially secure. And $5,000 spending money which i will replenish as much as possible. one day at a time.

thanks! $10,000 for my savings first. And then $5,000 for my checking. thats all i need to feel secure. i dont need to be a millionaire. $10,000 to feel financially secure. And $5,000 spending money which i will replenish as much as possible. one day at a time.
Lool I spend soo much money but I have a percentage rule 10% is always saved. Thats it 😇

Every time you get a paycheck, put 10% of it away, like Cen suggested.
That percentage can and should be adjustable based upon how much you make. The more you make, the more you put away in savings. An extra 200$ than previously, means you should be adjusting at 20%.

There's also a book called The Richest Man In Babylon, which is worth the read. It's a story-form book put out by bankers around the turn of the century specifically to teach the modern layman how to save according to how bankers were trained.

Every time you get a paycheck, put 10% of it away, like Cen suggested.
That percentage can and should be adjustable based upon how much you make. The more you make, the more you put away in savings. An extra 200$ than previously, means you should be adjusting at 20%.

There's also a book called The Richest Man In Babylon, which is worth the read. It's a story-form book put out by bankers around the turn of the century specifically to teach the modern layman how to save according to how bankers were trained.
Oooh I missed you, where have you been!?! 🥺and yeah its good to read books on saving advice

It's easy. Do what I do. When something breaks or is worn out just fix it and keep using it until nothing remaining of it. For instance. The $10 shoes I bought at Walmart have worn through the bottom. But, the tops are still useable. So, I got out my ductape and applied several layers. I will continue to do this for a couple more months. Ha! ha!

Sure, I could have bought shoe goo and patched them. But, that costs money. The duct tape I had lying around. It's good for lots of things. :)

If you want to eat cheap eat potatoes, carrots, onions, rice, oatmeal. Stay away from the simple sugary crap because it's super expensive! You pay a little now. But a lot later for the medical problems it causes. ;)

It's easy. Do what I do. When something breaks or is worn out just fix it and keep using it until nothing remaining of it. For instance. The $10 shoes I bought at Walmart have worn through the bottom. But, the tops are still useable. So, I got out my ductape and applied several layers. I will continue to do this for a couple more months. Ha! ha!

Sure, I could have bought shoe goo and patched them. But, that costs money. The duct tape I had lying around. It's good for lots of things. :)

If you want to eat cheap eat potatoes, carrots, onions, rice, oatmeal. Stay away from the simple sugary crap because it's super expensive! You pay a little now. But a lot later for the medical problems it causes. ;)
my parents just left for Alaska today and all i ate for breakfast was literally bread and butter. for lunch garlic bread and tomato sauce with a bit of meat. dinner one ice cream lol.

I think the only way to save money, is to make enough of it in the first place that there is something left over after you've paid for the cost of living.

The only way I can think of to do that, is to get some kind of skilled work - either the trades or professions.
Usually you need some kind of training or education for that.
I'm currently trying to figure out what professional skill I would be best suited to, it's hard trying to figure it out.

Then there is stuff like becoming a professional athlete or big musician or actor, or something like that, but that's like planning to win the lottery. Sure, it's cool if it happens, but you can't plan on it.

But yeah, the trades or professions are pretty much the only thing that pays a living wage anymore.
You're just not going to get anywhere any other way.

Last edited:
Trades are so important and younger generations just don’t seem to be interested enough in them and so such occupations are becoming more scarce and more expensive to obtain.

Latest posts

Back