I am a screw up

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissWrite726

Reaction score
So here's the story I screwed up a lot lol. I had a really nice relationship with this guy and I screwed it over because of my insecurities. I thought I wasn't good enough and couldn't see why he would like me so I pushed him away. Now he likes someone else and I am possibly the stupidest girl on the planet at the moment. I feel like scum and I probably am. I hurt him and lied and said it was about him and not about me when it was about me. It was about me being stupid and afraid. I don't deserve anything from him it's true but I hope he is happy with his new girl.
I didn't really get the chance to love him but this song describes how I feel.

Aww :( I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through this. Did he try to tell the reasons why he loved you? I'm sure you're a great person, you just need to realise that for yourself ;) Stop being so down on urself! Maybe you should have talked to him about this, I dunno how undersanding he is, but he might have been able to help you get through your insecurities...either way, cheer up! I hope you the best ^_^

I'm very sorry this hasn't worked out for you. I too pushed someone special away because of my insecurities, and let her believe it was because of her. She even apologised about the way she treated me in a later conversation, and I still couldn't be completely open with her. I feel terrible about it. Not so much that I pushed her away. I'm still at the mercy of my insecurities and would probably do the same again with someone as special (if anyone could be). I'm just a fresia-up, simple as that, and she deserves someone much better (and has found him, I believe). I feel guilty that I put her through so much and let her feel it was her fault.

Can you allow youself to forgive yourself?
We all make mistakes...big once too.

You're learning this lesson at a very young age. Some people don't even get it until way much in life to never...
Give yourself more credit..

Well...there's alway a possiblity of you deserving a better guy than him...You never know.
Life is a trip.

I'm sorry to hear it, MissWrite. I've no experience with this sort of thing, so my advice may be suspect, but if you could let the him know, without putting any pressure on him or expecting anything from him, that it wasn't his issues but yours, you may feel better. An apology for the way you behaved toward him might help you ease your conscious, and provide both of you with some closure. Then you can finally move forward, taking a valuable lesson out of the ordeal with you.

There is also a silver lining to the whole thing. This boy liked you, despite your "insecurities". You can take heart from that, and accept the fact that if it happened once, it can happen again.

In the long run, no matter what you decide to do (if anything), you'll come out of this a wiser, stronger person.

Good luck!

i will love you too. it'll be fine. next time...and trust me someone else will come along. just tell them up front about your insicurities. if he doesn't understand then he's not worth it

awww, you're not a screw up at all, so stop thinking that RIGHT NOW!. I think you're an awesome girl, you just need to work on your insecurities a lil' (whatever they may be), and you'll be a perfect catch for some lucky guy :p

Life itself is a roller coaster. For some people the ride just keeps getting higher and for others they plunge into the depths and stuggle to get back up.
Sure I'm stating the obvious but its good to remind ourselves that there will be good times. The fact that you described your relationship as "nice" highlights this point.
You may have hit a low point in your life but you've had a relationship and personally if it didn't work out then ask yourself if it really was meant to be.
There will be others that will make you happier than you've ever been.

*sigh* Love seems to do more harm than good these days...until you find the perfect person.

Latest posts

Back