I am in love with my friend of the same sex

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dorotka

Reaction score
Okay. I'm not going to label my sexuality because I've never believed that one word could define how I feel about people. I guess I always knew that I'd fall in love with a girl at least once.

This actually happened to me before with the same person. We go to college together, so basically we're together everyday. I can totally say I consider her my best friend; she knows me, she likes what I like, we laugh together, we share passions etc. However, I think I'm not a best friend to her, I don't know why. So it was about 6 months ago when I had a really big crush on her, it lasted about 4 months and I never told anyone. I distanced myself from her, just stopped talking to her and I know it was very selfish. It was just so hard, I didn't even know what I wanted. I knew what I didn't want - to ruin our friendship and to be with her sexually. I just never felt like I want to make love to her or something like that. Basically I only wanted to be around her all the time, and lean on her, and hear her saying "I love you", which she said pretty frequently, and I know she meant it, I just don't know in what way.

She is really smart and we always hug and kiss (obviously just those little kisses nothing serious), and I love being with her. But I got out of it after a while and we started talking again, I lied to her about the reason why I stopped contacting her. And we've been talking for about 5 months again now, started to really spend time together. And I feel like I might be falling into it again. Anytime I'm with her I just want to tell her, so much, it's like a load I can't get off my chest, ever. Because I don't want to ruin the friendship. And I don't want to date her either, I just wish she loved me the way I love her..

I think it is an evidence what you should do. Be honest with your best friend. I'm nearly convinced the rest will sort itself out. And who knows.........

I'd also encourage you to try and talk to her about it, since you seem to be in quite some pain. Tell her you were very confused, and still are. Perhaps her say in the matter can help you find out what you really want. I hope it works out for you both :)

Latest posts

Back