I am mean/ but slightly less mean!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frey12

Reaction score
So having my first debate tournament this weekend. I was told by four judges over four rounds I need to be less harsh to my opponents. My partner also told me that I need to be more condescending and less harsh.

In parody my partner was like when you debate you are like "god your argument is so horrible! Why are you even here?! You are wasting our time with your horrible argument."

Which of course I know is true.

Day 2 however i was a lot nicer and apparently didn't intimidate my opponents into submission. Success!

Good for you, keep up the good work. It's always better to be a good sportsman then one that people want to give the finger too.

I've noticed that keeping composure is very important to the best debaters. You can tell that they are passionate about their stance but they don't go overboard. They give the impression that to prove what they are saying is a trivial thing and not even worth arguing against. Basically be a pompous ass. Bad ones just seem like they are arguing angrily and give off the impression of close-mindedness to viewers. It is harder to take them seriously.

Debating tournament?

This sounds freaking awesome, why have I never heard of these before? :\

Latest posts

Back