I can't get addicted to anything? Why is that?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kindster

Reaction score
I used to smoke marijuana for a month everyday multiple times and i quit it within a day and i never smoked again even though they called me everyday still to smoke with em. I used to smoke cigs for 3 months and i stopped and it took me 2 days to forget cigs. I used to drink everyday last month and i stopped and i just dont feel addicted to anything? But lots of my different friends are addicted to one of the 3 things i used to do? This means i have strong will right or does it ?

It could be willpower, it could be a high tolerance, and it could be a mix of both. I would imagine the latter is the most likely of the three. Having a reasonably high drug tolerance and being reasonably strong-willed can let you shake off bad drug-related habits without as much trouble as someone with an addictive personality, for example.

Well from what I understand, it seems as though it's a temporary thing. The reason people become addicted to some things is they grow some sort of need for it, for example alcoholics drink because it helps them deal with things or that it's a temporary escape from life etc..

I used to smoke marijuana for a month everyday multiple times and i quit it within a day

That just sounds like you smoked it for a month every day and "quit", randomly. But marijuana isn't really addictive to most people, people smoke it because of it's effects, and if you're young, because it's the 'cool thing to do'.

I used to smoke cigs for 3 months and i stopped and it took me 2 days to forget cigs.

Three months simply isn't long enough to develop a need for cigarettes.

I used to drink everyday last month and i stopped and i just dont feel addicted to anything?

One month of drinking is just a binge, and is not enough to become addicted.

To become addicted to something is physiological and psychological, it's not just the fact that you do it for a few months. And anyway, why would you want to be addicted to any of those things? Isn't the fact that you can just enjoy it when you want good enough?

Latest posts

Back