I could see how someone could like my personality...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zorg

Reaction score
But, I can not see anyone enjoying my face or body in an intimate manor. People might suggest that I should give people more credit and not everyone is shallow. But, I think that's bullshit. I know that when I see someone particularly ugly I tell myself that I wouldn't do anything intimate with them. Even me, someone who doesn't think highly of his own appearance has standards, a floor that a girl would have to meet. So I'm sure that 90% of girls have the same standards/floor and I know I'm below it.

I think I've come to the conclusion that I'll either never have an intimate relationship or I'll have to get rid my standards and hope to find a girl who has done the same with hers...and what are the chances of that?

Alright, then my problem is with myself and my inability to see myself in an intimate relationship....

Though I admit that apperance do have a factor in relationship,but I do see that some handsome people found it hard to make friends,much more than having the intimate relationship.

It really comes down to the social skills and the ability to maintain that intimacy in that relationship that counts.

I didn't see you so I can't say anything appearance-wise, which is, anyway, a very subjective thing, but you yourself say that you have an engaging personality, and that may just compensate for whatever physical defects you think you have. Unless you are somehow grievously deformed, which I doubt. It's true that people, in general, are likely to react more favourably to an attractive (by conventional standards) person but ultimately the appearance won't be a major factor in a relationship. Your personality, treatment of your partner and ability to maintain balance will be.

I think your problem is that you are making excuses and refuse to admit you may not have a problem.

You had one issue, someone showed you something to the contrary now you've gone and picked up some other negative stigma.

Snap out of it.

Latest posts

Back