I don't know what to do

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh

Reaction score
Well will just start off with I have never had anyone in my life that I have felt loved me. Now some people have somewhat cared as long as its convient for them but I have never felt unconditional love. Most the times I am cared about till I become a burden or they care but there are many things they care more about. I might be selfish in wanting someone to care about me more then anything else or atleast more then most things in there life and not just when its convient. I just don't know what to do anymore I have never had a girlfriend I have never had a true friend. I have no one in my life and at times it feels like its going to consume me. Other times I can just get along fine. Now I don't want anyone thinking I am some kind of loser I have a decent job and go to school fulltime I get very good grades and pretty soon will have a very sweet job. I just wonder though is any of this going to matter if my life just goes on how it is.
Now it seems like a simple solution to my problem but I don't know how to do it.

It's not selfish to want someone to care about you more than the other things in their life. I feel the exact same way sometimes. I see people who make their children or spouses their top priority, and I can't help wanting that. It's probably normal to want that.

It might not be healthy to expect someone to make you their first priority every single second of their lives, but making you a top priority overall seems to be a component in many strong relationships. Or so I gather from the outside looking in.

Anyway, I'm sorry I don't have a simple solution for you, but you can rest assured that lots of people here will understand you and feel the same way.

Hey Josh,

To start off, you need to understand that everyone has a certain degree of empathy and self-preservation in them. No one wants to be depended on too strongly. In every relationship, there should be a good balance of give and take. If you're in any kind of relationship where the person tends to take all the time, and not somehow offer something in return, would you not feel like backing away and distancing yourself from them? That's possibly what you're experiencing.

There are three scenarios in every relationship: taking too much, giving too much, and doing both in varying degrees, depending on how close you are to them.

Be the third scenario with everyone.

Latest posts

Back