I Don't Sleep

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Restless

I'm here because i can't sleep. i get a little rest every night, but i don't sleep. i stay up until 3 or 4 am every morning. i'm so tired, i just want to go to bed like a normal person. it used to be so easy, and it's grown increasingly harder. The real problem is i can't get myself to lay down . i stay up doing nothing really, but i just don't lay down. Does anyone else live like this?

take this problem physicaly. wear yourself out physicaly so you'll be tired enough to sleep. don't worry about anxiety and mental pain; everybody feels the same. even "normal not lonely" people do that; they have so much activity that they fall asleep almost instantly. when they don't have anything to do, they get very nervous and anxious.

i know it's not easy for us loneli types, but if you try to be active enough during the day, you'll get your sleep. just do what you LOVE to do, don't worry about conventions

ciao

Restless said:
I'm here because i can't sleep. i get a little rest every night, but i don't sleep. i stay up until 3 or 4 am every morning. i'm so tired, i just want to go to bed like a normal person. it used to be so easy, and it's grown increasingly harder. The real problem is i can't get myself to lay down . i stay up doing nothing really, but i just don't lay down. Does anyone else live like this?

Same here.

husky said:
take this problem physicaly. wear yourself out physicaly so you'll be tired enough to sleep. don't worry about anxiety and mental pain; everybody feels the same. even "normal not lonely" people do that; they have so much activity that they fall asleep almost instantly. when they don't have anything to do, they get very nervous and anxious.

i know it's not easy for us loneli types, but if you try to be active enough during the day, you'll get your sleep. just do what you LOVE to do, don't worry about conventions

This guy is right. This is the very same, first advice even therapists give to clients who can't sleep; You need to get physically active regardless of what You're doing to get mentally conscent.

I think a lot of us have bad insomnia. Part of it is the habit. We've set our Circadian rhtyhms to keep us up late at night and the problem is that we must reset our rhythms. We need to try to go to bed earlier and wake up earlier. I suggest taking non-prescription Benadryl to help you sleep at a reasonable hour. Good luck! Avoid all caffeine until you've set a healthy sleeping pattern!

Latest posts

Back