i dont think i will ever not be lonely...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgecrusher

Reaction score
i think its going to take someone else to find me and get me out of this. i wont do this on my own. there is no real way that i will ever meet anyone. and even if i do the chances of someone wanting to be with me are low. i am a broke nobody that has no idea what to do with himself. it will take someone else to inspire me but it doesnt feel like i will ever meet them. as for my current situation i am apparentely "not worth the risk."

i dont want to give up but i have never felt anything but this loneliness. i need someone to wake me up from this.

No one else can cure you, man. That's not how it works.

You have to find a reason outside of yourself to push on. Something to strive for. Not just a goal or hobby... but a reason to be the best you can be. Not for a woman or for friends, but for YOU.

Get ready to catch cause I'm gonna drop the bomb!

Loneliness is a state of mind, not of location. If you need something to draw inspiration from, let loneliness be that thing.

Edgecrusher, you have my sympathies. I'm a broke nobody also, and it seems ... well, right now, it does indeed seem as if it will last forever. I wish there was some magic pill for it, some panacea - hell, I'd even settle for a false hope than none at all. But it just ain't there.

What's the solution? I don't know. I don't think anybody knows. I'd like to be in a relationship again - from the tone of your post, it seems like you would like to be in a relationship too (my apologies if I've misinterpreted); I get what you say about having someone to inspire you. Personally, I think being in a relationship will help me, at least. Unfortunately, there's no manual for this sort of thing.

When you say you're 'not worth the risk', what do you mean, exactly? Would you care to elaborate?

Electric_Fusilier said:
When you say you're 'not worth the risk', what do you mean, exactly? Would you care to elaborate?

its this situation with this girl i like. she is keeping her wall up because "it never seems worth the risk" as she put it.

edgecrusher said:
i think its going to take someone else to find me and get me out of this. i wont do this on my own. there is no real way that i will ever meet anyone. and even if i do the chances of someone wanting to be with me are low. i am a broke nobody that has no idea what to do with himself. it will take someone else to inspire me but it doesnt feel like i will ever meet them. as for my current situation i am apparentely "not worth the risk."

Interesting, sounds like people I run into all the time.

edgecrusher said:
Electric_Fusilier said:

its this situation with this girl i like. she is keeping her wall up because "it never seems worth the risk" as she put it.

Hmmm. Tricky. I take it she hasn't explained why it never seems worth the risk. Perhaps she's been hurt in previous relationships ... or perhaps she likes you, but she might feel that there's something about you that makes her believe she should put this wall up (I am not suggesting that there actually IS something about you, of course ... just what she herself may be believing). This is all guesswork on my part, naturally. My suggestion would be to simply talk and keep in touch with this girl, and see what happens. Basically, just try your best to keep it on a day-to-day basis, and perhaps, with a bit of luck, something closer may develop (presuming you really like this girl, of course).

Electric_Fusilier said:
edgecrusher said:
Electric_Fusilier said:

Hmmm. Tricky. I take it she hasn't explained why it never seems worth the risk. Perhaps she's been hurt in previous relationships ... or perhaps she likes you, but she might feel that there's something about you that makes her believe she should put this wall up (I am not suggesting that there actually IS something about you, of course ... just what she herself may be believing). This is all guesswork on my part, naturally. My suggestion would be to simply talk and keep in touch with this girl, and see what happens. Basically, just try your best to keep it on a day-to-day basis, and perhaps, with a bit of luck, something closer may develop (presuming you really like this girl, of course).

well i do really like her and thats pretty much all i can do at this point is just keep in touch with her and be there for her. she has been hurt a lot, she seems to only ever date jerks so i think she is just afraid of getting hurt.

^^I was in a similar situation myself, not so long ago. A very lovely lady who had been hurt a lot. Unfortunately, I was foolish and ignorant, and said some very harsh things to her, which I now regret greatly. Can't even count her as a friend now, which is a great pity. Alas, we cannot learn unless we make mistakes...

As for your situation, Edgecrusher ... well, I don't know the full facts, so it would be churlish of me to give you advice. But I hope it works out for you. I guess you just have to be patient, and see what happens. We all have to risk heartbreak when it comes to someone we really like. But I guess it's better to take the risk, than to never try at all.

Latest posts

Back